Album Surfboards

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Will do, and I agree, my interest is very piqued with this model. I have a 5' 6" coming in a few weeks based on what I have experienced so far. This was the other direction that I decided to pursure as opposed to the quad Disorder. There is something cool going on with the tail and how it moves and generates speed. I think the shorter models are going to feel like a skateboard. The recommended fins are the fascination quads, which I would have never thought would have worked with this shape, yet they work well and I feel contribute to the unique sensation.
You get the 5’6 in the water yet?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Anyone who likes the Album asymmetrics tried more subtle versions? Lost Micks Tape, Panda Dolly Asym? I have a great time on the BomDia but there is a good 3.5 inch difference to the end of the tail between toe and heel, with your foot in the same place. Just curious more than anything.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
You get the 5’6 in the water yet?
Sorry, not many surfs on it, as the waves have been pretty solid and some traveling. I kind of wish I had it on my trip. So far, it is pretty good, and I like it. It works across pitchy beach breaks, fun waves with some walls, and head-high soft waves. The size definitely influences the response, as the 5' 6", 6' 0", and 6' 8" all feel and surf differently. They are all fast boards. 5' 6" is playful, paddles and catches waves like a longer board, but has a skateboard feel. The 5' 6" is the most versatile so far. The 6' 0" has taken more time to figure out and can handle some size, surfed it in some over head waves. The 6' 8" has a good feel, but an upper limit, though in shoulder-high waves it really opens up.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Is that a collab brand with album or are her first two models a straight ripoff of the Twinsman and Sunstone??

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I’ve noticed she’s pretty much ridden only Albums ever since her and Mason did EAST. Matt mentioned in an interview after that EAST aired something to the effect of he specifically designed her board for a woman, taking into account shoe size, etc.