Album Surfboards

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
did something happen to album+kerr? I feel like I haven’t seen him on either of their accounts in months and months. but always get daily victor and Asher
He’s still posting himself riding Albums….

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
What fins did you end up going with?
AP 5.59 on the toe and Futures R8 + Futures neutral quad rear (large) on the heel. Felt perfect from the very first wave.

I've ridden it 10-15 times from stomach high to head high + and I'm amazed at how HP this boar is. It's exactly how Matt (and I believe you in an older post) describe it: HPSB performance, but easier, faster and smoother.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
AP 5.59 on the toe and Futures R8 + Futures neutral quad rear (large) on the heel. Felt perfect from the very first wave.

I've ridden it 10-15 times from stomach high to head high + and I'm amazed at how HP this boar is. It's exactly how Matt (and I believe you in an older post) describe it: HPSB performance, but easier, faster and smoother.
@Goofy_Footed is it more 'grovel'-y than a normal HPSB?

Reactions: j_mac

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Based on the waves that I’ve ridden it in, I would say yes. It’s definitely not a groveler, and there’s plenty of other boards that would do better in small surf, but I think if you put it head to head against a HPSB in less than ideal surf, the Disorder would come out on top. It has that twin/quad speed and flow but you can throw it around like a HP board and it holds.

I also think it depends on how you size it too. Mine’s 5’7 x 18.8 x 2.4 meant to be ridden in average to good FL beach break. If I ordered it as a step up or for bigger surf than I typically deal with, it probably wouldn’t go as well in the small stuff.

The way mine is sized, I would say stomach to head high (maybe a foot OH) is it’s sweet spot, but it can handle a little more and a little less depending on the power and shape of the wave.

@jkb probably has some insight too. He has a couple Disorders and has been riding them longer than me.

Last edited:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Yeah that’s what I thought too. Not saying anything is going on. Its just weird that Album + Parker instagram posts EVERY clip, 10 times a day, and haven’t seen Kerr on their feed in a long while. I know he’s put some stuff up on Albums.

He‘s the OG Album. The more of him the more I pay attention.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
@Goofy_Footed nailed it.

It depends on how you size it. I have one that I use as a daily driver (Varial construction helps this one excel on the lower end). One in standard hpsb dims (PU). And one as a step up (PU). I've found it to be one of those rockers that works in a variety of conditions.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I’m sure you’ve mentioned it but can you remind what the difference in dims were for your daily driver vs hps?? thx

Reactions: j_mac