Search results for query: assuage

1. M

Thank god we have 2A to protect us from people who steal our parking spots…..

It's better to have a gun and not need one than to need a gun and not have one. .
  2. ElOgro

Timing is everything. You left out some people carry a weapon for nefarious reasons.
  3. hammies

...and have a legit reason to carry a weapon. Some other people have perceived or imagined feelings of danger and carry a weapon to assuage those feelings. Finally, some people carry a weapon as a means to inflate their egos and self-belief that they are to be feared. Whatever the situation...
  4. youcantbeserious

Fires in Maui

but what it will do is address Hawaii’s political culture of cronyism, graft, and incompetence in service of the visitor industry, developers, and giant landowners.
  5. ElOgro

Fires in Maui

Excellent post. Fix accommodations for survivors now. Argue politics later.
  6. hammies

Fires in Maui

...revenge is satisfied, and people are not naive in thinking it will have any other positive effect on their situation. It *will* temporarily assuage their anger. It will not bring back a lost loved one It will not rebuild their homes It will not rebuild their businesses It will not provide...
  7. Pico

What is a Woman?

You assuaged my fears when you spoke about sexual triggers.
  8. Autoprax

What is a Woman?

...an autocracy is kill the freaks and weirdos. One of the things the left fails to do in their attempts to create tolerance for the weirdos is assuage the fears of the right. You say this to a leftie and they say, "Fuck them! They are assholes!" I think the right wingers just see social...
  9. Subway

Mentawaii Boats

...the whole birthday aspect of the trip for the missus sh!t ain’t cheap for 2 people. but it’s a Carpe Diem trip. I fly coach enough to assuage my vaguely sh!t lord conscience maybe even spend a few days on Bali at the end, just to see it. I know I “missed it” and I almost feel like it’s...
  10. Sharky

Pitbull thread

...would you like to see happen? You want the govt to ban those 5 breeds? House to house searches and DNA tests? Surely Daddy government can assuage your fear and make you safe right? Strange bedfellows indeed. ;) You keep throwing up pit bull posts that I’ve mostly been ignoring. Seemed like...
  11. B

what'z on the menu?

Whatever deal the Ag department has made with the Avo cartels has been working. We've been awash with decent to great avocados for $.50-$1.50 a piece for months.
  12. Aruka

what'z on the menu?

Last night I did grassfed beef burgers on hawaiian buns with claussen pickles and american cheese. Chips and guacamole made from the first decent avocado's I've had since Baja. A huge salad to assuage my guilt. No regrets.
  13. Autoprax

14 Students and a teacher dead at a Texas Elementary School

Would you rather be killed by shooting yourself or by someone else?
  14. hammies

True, but what percentage of mass shootings are with assault weapons? A lot higher than 3% I would guess.
  15. Sharky

...are accomplished with handguns. Which seems like relevant information if you want to write effective gun laws. As opposed to ones that assuage emotions but provide very little in the way of meaningful improvements to our gun violence problem. Not that any of that will matter. I predict new...
  16. Autoprax

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

I don't think it's about ideology at this point. I think for some there is a perceived level of protection. For some kids it helps assuage social anxiety. Some girls like it because they don't have to wear make up or worry about zits. A lot of the kids are assburgery and that means they are...
  17. Autoprax

How many of you believe in White Replacement Theory?

That is when the drinking starts. We are wired to distrust and fear the outsider. So all you need is for the media to play on the wiring. Which is what we are seeing. A better safety net would assuage a lot of this fear we see now.
  18. grapedrink

How are you spending your last few hours of Coronavirus?

Agreed. I have sympathy for people with mental illness but that doesn't mean it should be contagious :drowning:
  19. GromsDad

How are you spending your last few hours of Coronavirus?

These people expect you and me to have the same phobia they suffer from and to comply to assuage their irrational fears.
  20. plasticbertrand

Huuuge ! Insurrection

Except 1/6 wasn't a protest.