Mentawaii Boats

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yes. 33-40 hours of travel time just to get to Padang. Then A night in the hotel, 5 am speedboat to the Villas

I might blow up my Amex and book biz class.I’ll regret it, except that I know I won’t actually regret it. And biz class will CERTAINLY enhance the whole birthday aspect of the trip for the missus

sh!t ain’t cheap for 2 people. but it’s a Carpe Diem trip. I fly coach enough to assuage my vaguely sh!t lord conscience

maybe even spend a few days on Bali at the end, just to see it. I know I “missed it” and I almost feel like it’s best left in my imagination, but a few nights in some sick hotel suite or villa above bingin or whatever spot would be fun for a few days before taking the long slog home. 10 nights at Kandui. 4 nights in BalI. Maybe get lucky and get one of the marquis spots on a solid challenging day after I’ve been dialed in the Ments for 10 days.

how does that sound for the Subway’s First (but far from last) Trip to the Far East?

@Truth where you going to be from 6/8/24 to 6/11/24? :cool:

18 day trip altogether I reckon, given 2 full days of travel each way… in my line of work that’s a long time to be MIA. Yes being indispensable has its upsides but, yada yada yada, I will be better off if i designate a few days each week for several hours of focused work, luckily while all my colleagues and clients are sound asleep

I’ll actually be more relaxed if I keep at least one finger on the work pulse on a trip that long. 7-10 days including weekends, fine, I deactivate my email from my phone and don’t bring a laptop. But being out for 12 consecutive actual biz days is brutal for those left to deal with my chit.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
"@Truth where you going to be from 6/8/24 to 6/11/24? :cool:"

Will be hanging with the Subways in Indo!

Could be our "trial time" before you hire me?

Reactions: Geopac and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
"@Truth where you going to be from 6/8/24 to 6/11/24? :cool:"

Will be hanging with the Subways in Indo!

Could be our "trial time" before you hire me?
I’m going to really need to see some hustle and “can do”‘ Protestant-style work ethic. You paddies are good for a few days of hard work until some papist holiday sends you off on a 3 day bender ;)

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Save the money on the business class upgrade and buy another two weeks somewhere else down there. How often are you in Southeast Asia? The flight is too long for a standard 2 week vacation.
I agree in spirit. But the flip side is: it’s too a long a flight to sit in the back. I’ll see what my Amex concierge travel people can do. They’re really good at getting these complicated flights to work and they seem to have pricing power. Worth a look/try

because indeed; my first looks at Expedia show it costing me anywhere from $16-18 k for the two of us to fly business. I cant really take a “longer” trip but that’s a ton of money. If I can get the pair of biz class under 10 I’d do it

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I’ve been torn betwixt the two. Same oweners? Bookings handled by water ways?

she will love having a beginner wave out front to play around on and continue to find her feet

the cold and hassles of NY surfing don’t appeal to her so much, but I’ve never seen my wife so happy as when she had a short but stylish ride at kiddie pool and Scott Weiner caught in on a drone video.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
If it isn't too late, reconsider Kandi resort for villas. Your wife can paddle out from the beach at resort. There's a very fun easy wave for her. Plus, it faces three more waves. Villas only faces kandui left.
Agree with this..Jordan was there first with the resort but he's also part of the Villas. Friends of mine from Humboldt built the Villas and did a great job though. If you look on the google maps you'll see the wooden 'tsunami' bridge they built from the Resort across the lagoon to the highest point on the island...not that that is a selling point but it's kinda cool. When I was there in ought whatever on Jordan's boat the Aleoita he brought me ashore to look at the lagoon as a possible spot to land a seaplane 'cause those 10kt boats were just too slow. On the google it looks like instead they built a dock in the lagoon for the speedboats to tie up. I saw a picture of one of those boats, completely enclosed with something like 4 150s hanging off the back. Anyway, either spot would be epic but that little wave in front of the resort is one of the mellowest waves out there.

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
Yeah I’ve been torn betwixt the two. Same oweners? Bookings handled by water ways?

she will love having a beginner wave out front to play around on and continue to find her feet

the cold and hassles of NY surfing don’t appeal to her so much, but I’ve never seen my wife so happy as when she had a short but stylish ride at kiddie pool and Scott Weiner caught in on a drone video.
Lead the way Subway. You're describing the trip I want to take with my lady. Watching this thread! Unless I can get there earlier, I'm fine with shoulder season. Maybe I'll see Tenover.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’ve done a full about face after this thread and doing some more in depth reading. Resort has so much more surf and perks for the missus. I’ve sent in my booking inquiry

thanks for calling out the resort. For some reason I always thought the villas were “better” somehow. I knew of both for sure but never really dug deep

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
subway if you get waves your life plans may change be careful coming here

Indonesia is next level in surfing and good living

View attachment 152973
YOU are the one that needs to watch out... @Subway 'D IS COMING TO TOWN, who knows what could happen?
:roflmao:
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up working for you out there, instead of you for him in Nica.

:monkey::poke::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Please. “Working for someone” is not my next move after leaving corporate America. However I will gladly hire truth to camp on our land and oversee construction of our Nica Retreat. 2025?26? We have the architect the builder and the cocktail napkin sketches. Now I just need a few hundred k and it’s game on

truth will work for beers I assume. His daughter by then will be able to get a job in management at Iguana. in fact maybe i will contract HER as the PM and Truth can be his daughters lackey :)
she can teach the little locals how to speak Indonesian on the side

how many Nicaraguans can speak Indo?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Please. “Working for someone” is not my next move after leaving corporate America. However I will gladly hire truth to camp on our land and oversee construction of our Nica Retreat. 2025?26? We have the architect the builder and the cocktail napkin sketches. Now I just need a few hundred k and it’s game on

truth will work for beers I assume. His daughter by then will be able to get a job in management at Iguana. in fact maybe i will contract HER as the PM and Truth can be his daughters lackey :)
she can teach the little locals how to speak Indonesian on the side

how many Nicaraguans can speak Indo?
Thus the @Subway 'd angle.

:monkey: