Hawaii- Done

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
As we all know too well, those who live and are from there, those who transplanted, those who only visited and even those, like myself, who never have... yet.... Hawaii will be done when SHE says it's time, and like a dog shaking off its fleas, SHE'll blow any one of HER 'canos wide open and start spewing lava all down all those valleys where everyone chose to develop.

:dancing::applause2::bowdown::toilet::bricks::shameonyou:

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
@oneula The second guy to get to the surfer in trouble was Pat Kekua. He’s a Kamehameha alumni and around your age. Retired HFD search and rescue. In fact Christian who got there after the knee boarder waved over for help is a Kamehameha alumni too. Much younger than Pat though.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Saw a guy I used to smoke joints and surf with homeless yesterday when I was picking up takeout.
Bummer. Maybe Hawaii done. Hate that sh!t.
See this all the time. A couple of my classmates. Such a bummer. My kids are always like "dad how do you know that guy?" Good object lesson though. "Don't smoke ice."

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah, I was holding my baby (giving mom a break) and heard his voice yelling to someone across the street. Recognized it instantly. He was like "Wassup brah? cute your kid." I gave him $20. Probably smoked it already. 6'4 240 pounds and used to rip 20 years ago. Looked pretty haggard now. After I got my food, saw him across the street going in and out of a few tents as a couple cops rolled up to hassle them.

So shitty.

• Sad
Reactions: Boneroni

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
@oneula The second guy to get to the surfer in trouble was Pat Kekua. He’s a Kamehameha alumni and around your age. Retired HFD search and rescue. In fact Christian who got there after the knee boarder waved over for help is a Kamehameha alumni too. Much younger than Pat though.
at least he's alive
hopefully it's not worse than going fast
was it a heart attack?

I'm wondering if people who recovered from covid or are asymptomatic can suffer a major blood oxygen attack while surfing. They said early on that allot of folks walking in with covid feeling fine were actually way below the accepted oxygen saturation levels to be conscious. That could be a problem if your surfing and suddenly can't catch your breath.

Was Pat older or younger than Sri?
Sri used to be a bowls regular before he got run over by that powerboat at lanikai.
Prayers for the ohana

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Seen that spot going nuts with some body boarders charging. They were calling it nukes at the time in front of nukumoi surf shop. I body whomped brennecckes , surfed waiohai and surfed with a Local dentist somewhere else.
yup coffee also took us to waiohai, acid, pakalas and a bay below the cattle ranch our last trip there we were on island with SrPato and family who was staying across centers. We were staying at surfdog's in princeville
Coffee's a great guy with a great quiver. Lots of good peeps on that island
Left him my bambam resinx GG modfish and a daddyo big boy with him to play use.

Reactions: Boneroni

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I’m pretty sure Pat is older than Sri. Pats son is a resident dorm advisor at Kamehameha. They let them all go, but are allowing them to reapply for their same jobs. My understanding is KBE is trying to get rid of deadwood and this is the way an outside consultant suggested to avoid lawsuits. Even if you’re one of the productive employees and are sure to be rehired must be stressful.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yup coffee also took us to waiohai, acid, pakalas and a bay below the cattle ranch our last trip there we were on island with SrPato and family who was staying across centers. We were staying at surfdog's in princeville
Coffee's a great guy with a great quiver. Lots of good peeps on that island
Left him my bambam resinx GG modfish and a daddyo big boy with him to play use.
yup, Money is Money...Great guy, i don't think he posts here anymore

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Last time I saw Alvin at Fiberglass Hawaii he told me about a shaper who was living behind the convention center hooked on Ice .

We used to work for the same company .

Hopefully he's better now -
i think I know who. He’s better now. According to his IG, he’s shaping again, in california.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Are you guys inundated with Boomers waddling to and fro between buffet grazing sessions and retail consumption?
Yes. Except they aren't at buffets. Went to Long's last night for dog food, lines 20 deep, all tourists buying beer, booze, sunscreen, chips, candy, soda, plastic sh!t to take back to their (illegal) vacation rentals. The one two doors down from me got a door knock from my neighbor when the music was still blasting at midnight.

But also had a great little surf yesterday right out back, head high rippable lefts, six guys out, all friends. Yin and yang baby.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I don't want to think about that, @teeoroi: a line of Boomers tourists turning the entire landscape into the inside of a Costco, getting in the way of everyone. I'd blow my brains out all over a Boomer.

Y'all are welcome over here.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Spent yesterday at the sandbar trying to spear invasive roys. Friends with boats rule, especially those with mid-20s smokin hot wahine deckhands. Would love to surf/meet up with any erbbers, here til 7/10. Beers/poke on me!

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
this has been happening allot the past 2-3 years
lost a good friend who appeared in excellent health (surfing everyday) last year the same way
just dies in the lineup on his board (massive heart attack)
The surfer is Burrell Thimm. Didn’t want to say anything cause both he and his wife are flight attendants and she was on a trip. He’s in a chemically induced coma and recovering. Hopefully he recovers. No word what caused him to go unconscious.

Back in the 80’s he surfed for Local Motion when I worked there. He got a cover on Surfer shot by Warren Bolster. He told me the story and it’s classic.
Burrell got a call that Warren rented a helicopter and was going to shoot the LoMo pros at Kaiser’s. Burrell must’ve been at work, pre cellphone. He called a friend to grab his board and run it down to the beach. While he’s waiting a kid paddled in with a Local Motion board. He begs the kid to borrow his board for 30 minutes.

He paddled out and the pros are Tony Moniz, Buttons and Bertleman. He figures no way I’m getting a set. Catches 3 inside waves and forgets about it. During the winter he’s driving out the NS with a crew and they stop at a mom and pop store maybe Kammies or somewhere in Wahiawa and his friend saw the mag with him on the cover. His buddy buys it gets in the car punches him in the arm. When Burrell asks what’s that for. His buddy throws the mag on his lap. He said he couldn’t stop smiling the whole day. I probably got some details wrong I’m hoping he gets better and can tell me that story again.

FD39FA6B-FD53-49B7-B721-7FF32A8260EB.jpeg