Hawaii- Done

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
You should see the line of tourist waiting to get Malasadas at Leonard’s Bakery on Kapahulu. All hours of the day. Rainbow Drive Inn gets nuts too.
It's so hard because yeah, tourists are annoying, I want get Rainbow Drive Inn, I want Leonard's Malasadas, but I am also really happy to see those places raking it in, lines out the door kine after all this hardship.

Liliha Bakery still pretty quiet, and they got the cream puffs too...

Fat boy out

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Most surfers live in or near tourist towns. Tourist towns are currently swamped with tourists.

Sucks to be us, living in the kind of places people pay shitloads of money to visit.

Reactions: Boneroni

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Just surfed really, really fun waves with just the local crew. Get out and my car is blocked in by 3 tour busses.

I'm not anti tourism, but dang they are back and more than ever.

Ying and yang, like you said.
Fire a potato gun at the buses.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Spent yesterday at the sandbar trying to spear invasive roys. Friends with boats rule, especially those with mid-20s smokin hot wahine deckhands. Would love to surf/meet up with any erbbers, here til 7/10. Beers/poke on me!
I’m at Bowls every morning there’s waves. First light until 7am on work days. Don’t drink but sharing a surf is great. Weekends have been a sh*tshow. Mondays are good.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
interesting to see how this all settles out.
people finally got to see hawaii without all the madness
gonna be hard to suffer again just for the all mighty dollar

the airbnb/turo is going to make things worse
every neighborhood becomes a mini waikiki

wish there was a good answer
but people are basically selfish until..

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
"Daily arrivals for June 2021 are near pre-pandemic levels, with an average of 27,528 travelers arriving each day. Compare that to the 34,461 average daily arrivals in June 2019 and 32,881 in June 2018"

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/hawaii-residents-want-better-management-of-booming-tourism-industry/

Locals complain when there are no tourists. Locals complain when there are too many tourists.

Hawaii - done!
Spoken like a person who comes her once a year to take take take and then leaves. And probably kisses a bunch of ass while you do it.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Let’s just whore it out. Miami and Dubai get 15-16 million arrivals per year and we only do 10 million. Let’s go for 20 million.

At least we’ll all be rich!

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Maybe Hawaii is Done, if puzzies freak over their dogs barking because the public walks down the public street in front of their house.

Da Hui? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey::monkey::monkey:

Stick a fork in it if this is the case.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Maybe Hawaii is Done, if puzzies freak over their dogs barking because the public walks down the public street in front of their house.

Da Hui? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey::monkey::monkey:

Stick a fork in it if this is the case.
GFY.

This is a Hawaii thread. Da fuk do you know about Hawaii?

You're just like all the other transplant blow-ins telling Hawaii locals how they should think and act. Almost always to their own benefit. Take, take, take and me, me, me before anyone else.

Kindly fuck off and take your nonsense to the other thread. We all know your type. You probably ran away from your responsibilities in the states like all the other POS expats that I know. You're not fooling anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
GFY.

You're just like all the other transplant blow-ins telling Hawaii locals how they should think and act. Almost always to their own benefit. Take, take, take and me, me, me before anyone else.

Kindly fook off and take your nonsense to the other thread. We all know your type. You probably ran away from your responsibilities in the states like all the other POS expats that I know. You're not fooling anyone.
Lol every single one of our mutual friends say you’re in the wrong and all of them are locals.

Just admit you were wrong and go train your doggies and move on.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Reactions: bluemarlin04

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
GFY.

Kindly fook off and take your nonsense to the other thread. We all know your type. You probably ran away from your responsibilities in the states like all the other POS expats that I know. You're not fooling anyone.

1-) "rent free"

2-) ok Shirley, I must be in the wrong. Only, I have recovered/recycled close to a dozen individuals of these so called dangerous dogs in the past 20 years. You openly stated in your OP that your dog's neurotic, perfect description of said behavior. I can tell you why... The way you reacted to the public walking down a public street might give you a clue as to the why.

3-) people who tell it to you straight are your bestest friends, learn that only dweebs always agree with you... It ain't about politics son.

and finally...

4-) you asked for an opinion openly on a public forum, then you get your panties in a bunch because not only half of us disagree with you, we also have opinions we publicly share in this virtual public street.

do you see a pattern?

I'm sorry you have dogs. But at this point, it's the dogs I care most about.

TRAIN THE DOG, you will not only live a better life at home, you will grow personally as well. I promise.

I don't know you, but sometimes the best advice can come from a stranger.

have a nice day, you are after all, living in paradise on earth.

Done with Stupid - out.

Reactions: bluemarlin04