Hawaii- Done

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Fun NW and N swell. Lite winds. Almost July and still going. Hawaii - Not done.

And no strangers waking me up at night - Bonus!
It seems your approach worked, like I said most people really don't want the smoke.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
This morning my wife pulled out of our lane to take the kids to summer camp and she was almost hit head on by someone trying to pass 3 cars on a 25 mph road. BMW SUV was going 60 and passing on a double yellow in oncoming traffic in a 25 mph area. Thankfully she slammed her brakes and came to a complete stop in the road and was able to avoid being hit head on. All of my kids were in the car along with my nieces. She called me at work freaked out and nearly in tears. I just ordered two dash cams for both our cars.

I see more and more crazy things by the day by tourist and people who just moved here. It's completely insane. I'm not one to usually hate on tourist or new residents but something is going to give at some point.

Saw an instagram post that it is now taking 1.5 hours to get past Pupukea from Haleiwa. Ridiculous. Where is out gov't in all of this?

• Dislike
Reactions: racer1

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
This morning my wife pulled out of our lane to take the kids to summer camp and she was almost hit head on by someone trying to pass 3 cars on a 25 mph road. BMW SUV was going 60 and passing on a double yellow in oncoming traffic in a 25 mph area. Thankfully she slammed her brakes and came to a complete stop in the road and was able to avoid being hit head on. All of my kids were in the car along with my nieces. She called me at work freaked out and nearly in tears. I just ordered two dash cams for both our cars.

I see more and more crazy things by the day by tourist and people who just moved here. It's completely insane. I'm not one to usually hate on tourist or new residents but something is going to give at some point.

Saw an instagram post that it is now taking 1.5 hours to get past Pupukea from Haleiwa. Ridiculous. Where is out gov't in all of this?
u guys are getting california'd

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

It's always a BMW. The "look how much I suck" car.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It's always a BMW. The "look how much I suck" car.
Don’t knock em all until you’ve done 150 down ocean parkway, top down on a sunny day in October, in your 328, feeling like you’re floating on air as the dunes and bay fly by at face melting speeds. There are ample reasons they’re BMWs. But I also concur a lot of entitled assholes gravitate towards the brand

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
As we all know too well, those who live and are from there, those who transplanted, those who only visited and even those, like myself, who never have... yet.... Hawaii will be done when SHE says it's time, and like a dog shaking off its fleas, SHE'll blow any one of HER 'canos wide open and start spewing lava all down all those valleys where everyone chose to develop.

:dancing::applause2::bowdown::toilet::bricks::shameonyou:
Interestingly, these 2 islands, similar but different....

Island of Fuerteventura - 2cd largest in the Canary group

Loc. : 28.3587 deg. N 14.0537 deg. W

Area : 641 sq. miles

Elev. : 2,648 ft.

Pop. : 122,600 +/- ?

Island of Oahu - 3rd largest in the Hawaiian group

Loc. : 21.4389 deg. N 158.001 deg. W

Area : 597 sq. miles

Elev. : 4,003 ft.

Pop. : 1,000,000 +/-

Both will be pau, when the seventh angel pours out his vial into the air, and the great voice, out of the temple of heaven,

from the throne says..." It is done. "

If you want to know when that's gonna happen, you can read about it in Revelation chapter 16.

Until then your gonna have watch out for a few folks in Range Rovers, BMW's and Electric Cars driving around with Right-Peddle problems...

...I am goingoutside now...and, SurfFuerteventura if you ever make it to Oahu.. come in winter, when the surf is pumping!...

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Interestingly, these 2 islands, similar but different....

Island of Fuerteventura - 2cd largest in the Canary group

Loc. : 28.3587 deg. N 14.0537 deg. W

Area : 641 sq. miles

Elev. : 2,648 ft.

Pop. : 122,600 +/- ?

Island of Oahu - 3rd largest in the Hawaiian group

Loc. : 21.4389 deg. N 158.001 deg. W

Area : 597 sq. miles

Elev. : 4,003 ft.

Pop. : 1,000,000 +/-
122,000/640 vs. 1,000,000/597

:socrazy:. Crowded

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
Yep, one has to plan ahead for traffic when you want to go somewhere etc.

Oahu has about 8 times as many people as Fuerteventura, if my math is correct.

There are the trade-offs, but sometimes if you go way back in the mountains or way outside in the ocean,

you can still find a bit of a quiet place,...at least until a tour helicopter buzzes you...

....I am goingoutside now...it's almost midnight here...and it's all quiet now...

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
some drunk was telling me and my friends and everyone in earshot tonite how he was moving to “the islands’

After determining he was an idiot i told him You guys were full and he shouldn’t go there .
hilarity ensued .helped that my friend who owns the bar is scary AF. pretty sure hes not gonna move there . You guys are welcome.

doing my part :cheers:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
some drunk was telling me and my friends and everyone in earshot tonite how he was moving to “the islands’

After determining he was an idiot i told him You guys were full and he shouldn’t go there .
hilarity ensued .helped that my friend who owns the bar is scary AF. pretty sure hes not gonna move there . You guys are welcome.

doing my part :cheers:
They can come.

I welcome everyone.

Very few ever stay