Zero Risk / Assumed Risk

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
So we’re right back to the concept of zero risk vs assumed risk

do you know how many children there are in the country and how infinitesimal a number of 300-600 is percentage-wise?
immeasurably or incalculably small

600 families = 2400 people + friends + grandparents + extended family = measurable

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think what everyone wants to happen (things open up) is going to happen. Just not fast enough.

I wish everyone would get their shot, despite the risks.

It seems like we half assed everything during the pandemic.

Reactions: npsp

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

600 families = 2400 people + friends + grandparents + extended family = measurable
Those people are vaccinated now, remember?

You're not going to make this thing go on forever, no matter how addicted you are to it

Reactions: Havoc

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

You're not going to make this thing go on forever, no matter how addicted you are to it
LOL, You were screeching that the restrictions would never end, you truly are the zero integrity King of Clown World.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I think what everyone wants to happen (things open up) is going to happen. Just not fast enough.

Why get the shot if it's not going to change anything? I've been living my life in a normal way for a whole year now

Reactions: Havoc

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I think we should’ve been more aggressive in the early months as opposed to half ass with takeout 4 days a week for 9-12 months. Combine that with closing borders and flights, and we could’ve burned it out like New Zealand did.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I think we should’ve been more aggressive in the early months as opposed to half ass with takeout 4 days a week for 9-12 months. Combine that with closing borders and flights, and we could’ve burned it out like New Zealand did.
Monday morning OB ftw! You would have been screeching even louder if a NZ style lockdown was done.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Monday morning OB ftw! You would have been screeching even louder if a NZ style lockdown was done.
Where have I screeched about lockdowns? I’ve said this same thing several times now. If I had to choose, I’d rather we have taken more seriously early on for a shorter period of time than drag it out for a longer period of time.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Where have I screeched about lockdowns? I’ve said this same thing several times now. If I had to choose, I’d rather we have taken more seriously early on for a shorter period of time than drag it out for a longer period of time.
My apologies if wrong, but I based it on your general covid take. You would not admit it anyway and I am not gonna look for a gotcha.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

What I was pointing out is that when 600 kids die, probably tens of thousands of people mourn their untimely deaths

And that is not infinitesimal

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca

I think he’s more referring to the 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon angle, that 600 dead children impact a large group of people.

My concern is what the article I posted points out, that early on ~ 2% of people infected with COVID were kids, now they make up ~20% which is a drastic increase. Hopefully with vaccines we don’t have to worry about kids now giving it to grandparents or parents.

Reactions: Ifallalot

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Makes sense. As vax rates go up and infection rates go down restrictions should be lifted. Pretty sure everyone agrees with that. :shrug:

The funny part - that you and Gromsdad don't seem to understand - is that is exactly what's happening pretty much everywhere across the country. It's just most places don't have wannabe Trump governors wasting public resources on idiotic stunts like the "Emergency Proclamation" above.

Are there still stupid rules out there? Of course. It's government. But a little caution and the minor sacrifice of wearing a mask in a store for a little while longer seems warranted...at least in areas where the health experts say and show the numbers make sense. Iowa and Arizona are probably fine in most parts. LA and NY might need an extra month or two. Some state/nation wide laws may inconvenience places that don't really need it at this point. Like the poor summer camps in the example. But that seems pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

Meanwhile a significant portion of the population has bought into this...

And yes, I get my new from Worldstar. Better than most of the news sources posted on here :computer:. :toilet:

Reactions: mundus