Zero Risk / Assumed Risk

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
At what point do you give up this faulty logic? You do realize that there will never be 100% compliance with these vaccines......don't you? Based on your logic you're going to want everyone to wear a mask forever.
What are you rambling on about? My answer is so simple it'll blow your mind...I'm waiting for health officials to let us know when it's safe. I know, totally crazy and irrational when I could just take my advice Tucker Carlson and Facebook memes. Please stop talking about logic. :socrazy:

• Haha
Reactions: Hump and Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
What are you rambling on about? My answer is so simple it'll blow your mind...I'm waiting for health officials to let us know when it's safe. I know, totally crazy and irrational when I could just take my advice Tucker Carlson and Facebook memes. Please stop talking about logic. :socrazy:
Good grief........waiting for government bureaucrats to give you the green light rather than using your own common sense. I can't imagine living that way but You do You.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
No, but I'm guessing they are over reacting to avoid lawsuits.

I think there is under reacting and over reacting going on all over the place.

This fragile society is not set up to respond well to pandemics.

I hope you guys are right and this is whole covid thing is a nothing burger.

I dread teaching in the fall with a mask on.
The rules are coming from the CDC. Lawsuits are irrelevant to them

You quip about not having experience keeping large groups of people safe, when by reading the rules it's obvious that the people who created these decrees have zero experience living life

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Good grief........waiting for government bureaucrats to give you the green light rather than using your own common sense. I can't imagine living that way but You do You.
Lol. Tell us more about your "common sense" when it comes to knowledge of virus transmission and public safety. How dumb are you? I'm not saying there aren't illogical rules out there, but the idea that we should all just do whatever our common sense tells us in the middle of a pandemic is incredibly stupid.

Reactions: Hump

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Lol. Tell us more about your "common sense" when it comes to knowledge of virus transmission and public safety. How dumb are you? I'm not saying there aren't illogical rules out there, but the idea that we should all just do whatever our common sense tells us in the middle of a pandemic is incredibly stupid.
This thread is about Zero Risk vs Assumed Risk. Stop and think about those concepts. I accept what little risk there is of me getting the flu bug. Its a calculated risk based on the available information. Your mask fear is completely irrational and seemingly unshakable. I hope you get over this phobia someday that people walking past you are going to kill you if they aren't masked up. Its insane.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
craig is super thirsty today.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
This thread is about Zero Risk vs Assumed Risk. Stop and think about those concepts. I accept what little risk there is of me getting the flu bug. Its a calculated risk based on the available information. Your mask fear is completely irrational and seemingly unshakable. I hope you get over this phobia someday that people walking past you are going to kill you if they aren't masked up. Its insane.
I have no mask fear. Read my comments. Stop inventing straw men to support your idiotic over-simplified argument.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Go ahead and quote where I said I am afraid of covid. Or that I am afraid not to wear a mask. All I did was explain why public health decisions are being made the way they are. :loser:

Stop talking about logic and what is or is not rational thinking. You are not qualified to offer opinions on those subjects.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
What is funny about that? Are you one of these dipshits that walks into WalMart in your little desert outpost and screams about your right to not wear a mask? :roflmao:
A mask is nothing more than symbolism at this point and you're proving it

We don't wear masks in this state anymore, and we've never worn them outside

• Haha
Reactions: sizzld1