Zero Risk / Assumed Risk

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The kooks on the left don't seem to grasp the concept of assumed risk. Their fixation on Zero Risk due to their politics and their panic over the woohoo flu has reached the point of total absurdity. Its time for everyone to ignore these kooks.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can tell that you've never been in charge of the safety of large groups of people before.

Is it just you and your mom at the toner shop?

• Haha
Reactions: Hump

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
What of the following has greater risk?

Kids swimming at summer camp and drowning.
Kids not wearing masks and getting the sniffles.
Kids wearing masks in 90 degree heat and keeling over.

Do any of those have zero risk?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
What of the following has greater risk?

Kids swimming at summer camp and drowning.
Kids not wearing masks and getting the sniffles.
Kids wearing masks in 90 degree heat and keeling over.
Make up some numbers and let us know.

• Haha
Reactions: Hump

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Did you read those rules?
No, but I'm guessing they are over reacting to avoid lawsuits.

I think there is under reacting and over reacting going on all over the place.

This fragile society is not set up to respond well to pandemics.

I hope you guys are right and this is whole covid thing is a nothing burger.

I dread teaching in the fall with a mask on.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
No, but I'm guessing they are over reacting to avoid lawsuits.

I think there is under reacting and over reacting going on all over the place.

This fragile society is not set up to respond well to pandemics.

I hope you guys are right and this is whole covid thing is a nothing burger.

Ask yourself this...

if you are vaccinated, why are you wearing a mask?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Here's a simple reason - from a practical point of view, there are far too many retarded assholes who would be walking around without masks claiming they are vaccinated when they aren't. And it would be impossible to differentiate between them without the dreaded vaccine passport. So we all suffer (an incredibly minuscule amount) in the meantime until vaccination rates are high enough and infection rates are low enough to make it safe for everyone to walk around without one.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Are you vaccinated? If so, why would you need to wear a mask?

Also, in most areas anybody who wants to get a vaccine can get one now can get one. Certainly by fall anyone who really wanted the flu shot had ample time to go and get one. Given that fact why should anybody be required to wear a mask next fall? Goes back to the topic of this thread.......what is the standard going to be? Zero Risk or the basic principal of Assumed Risk.

Here's a simple reason - from a practical point of view, there are far too many retarded assholes who would be walking around without masks claiming they are vaccinated when they aren't. And it would be impossible to differentiate between them without the dreaded vaccine passport. So we all suffer (an incredibly minuscule amount) in the meantime until vaccination rates are high enough and infection rates are low enough to make it safe for everyone to walk around without one.
If you're vaccinated what the hell difference does it make? Your explanation defies logic. People who've had the opportunity to get vaccinated and choose not to assume their own risk. They are no danger to you if you've been vaccinated.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
If you're vaccinated what the hell difference does it make? Your explanation defies logic. People who've had the opportunity to get vaccinated and choose not to assume their own risk. They are no danger to you if you've been vaccinated.
I was explaining why masks are still required for vaccinated people, thus many vaccinated people continue to wear them. Not very difficult logic to grasp, but pretty much exactly what I expected out of you for a response.

Btw Grom. Vaccines first became available for people under 50 in my area less than a month ago. I got mine the first day possible. Still can't get the second dose for a few more weeks. Then it takes two weeks after that to become effective. So, your premise that everyone is just voluntarily assuming their level of risk is flawed from the start.

Reactions: Hump and hal9000

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I was explaining why masks are still required for vaccinated people, thus many vaccinated people continue to wear them. Not very difficult logic to grasp, but pretty much exactly what I expected out of you for a response.
No kidding. GD continues to be the dumbest f****** this board.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
At what point do you give up this faulty logic? You do realize that there will never be 100% compliance with these vaccines......don't you? Based on your logic you're going to want everyone to wear a mask forever.