Zero Risk / Assumed Risk

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Do you me to ask them for you?
I think you should ask them for you.

I’m vaccinated. I stopped wearing masks unless someone asks me to. When they ask me to wear one I ask them why. If the answer is “because rules” I ask why the rule.

It’s really well past time to stop the charade.

We either follow science or we don’t. There‘s no scientific basis for vaccinated people to wear masks.

Reactions: Ifallalot

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
In case you missed it the first time:

Here's a simple reason - from a practical standpoint, there are far too many retarded assholes who would be walking around without masks claiming they are vaccinated when they aren't. And it would be impossible to differentiate between them without the dreaded vaccine passport. So we all suffer (an incredibly minuscule amount) in the meantime until vaccination rates are high enough and infection rates are low enough to make it safe for everyone to walk around without one.

I already explained I'm not fully vaccinated despite my best efforts. But what gives you the right to ignore public safety rules whether instituted by the government or a private business?

And, no, I'm not trolling about waiting for health care officials to determine when it is time for mask mandates to end. Personal health decisions are one thing - although I still trust doctors over my own beliefs when it comes to those decisions. But health decisions that affect the general public are another. Your ilk's "logic" and "common sense" are grossly over simplistic when it comes to the latter, as demonstrated throughout this thread and throughout the pandemic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phi1

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
What percentage of children who are attending summer camps are eligible to be vaccinated?

During the lockdowns, how many of those children were removed from social situations where they would normally contract the virus (schools, parks, public places they’d normally play at?)

I think the low infection rate for children may be artificially low. They’re not going out on their own, like an 18+ person would.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
What percentage of children who are attending summer camps are eligible to be vaccinated?

During the lockdowns, how many of those children were removed from social situations where they would normally contract the virus (schools, parks, public places they’d normally play at?)

I think the low infection rate for children may be artificially low. They’re not going out on their own, like an 18+ person would.
Keep hiding homie!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
16 and older are eligible for a vaccine. Probably not a big portion of the summer camp crowd. Hence the mask requirements.
What have we learned here since the beginning?

CHILDREN ARE NOT IN DANGER

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
What have we learned here since the beginning?

CHILDREN ARE NOT IN DANGER
Please just pretend for a minute that I’m not some sky is falling, stay hooomer.

Yes, people below 18 are way less likely to get it and way less likely to have severe symptoms. Maybe that’s physiological and maybe some of that is environmental.

How many kids, say younger than 16, have been in a scenario where they would pick up the virus? During shutdowns.

The OP article sites deaths from flu, however there were no shutdowns from the flu.

It’s like saying less people age 16 and under die from alcohol poisoning. Duh, not too many people under 16 are drinking.

They’re testing the vaccines for use on kids. Yes, kids are at less risk, survival is incredibly high, but again is that all physiology, environmental or a combination?

“Now, the part where that conversation about severity gets a little bit more complicated is yes, it is absolutely true that it's less severe in kids than it is in adults, and particularly older adults. But it's also not true to say that it's completely benign in kids. Fortunately, pediatric death is a fairly rare event. But when you look at the top 10 causes of death, on an annual basis, this year, we've had, depending on whose numbers you use, somewhere between 300 and 600 pediatric deaths from COVID-19 so far. That's probably an undercount. And that would fit it somewhere in the top 10, somewhere between like No. 6 and No. 9 in terms of causes of death for children.”

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Please just pretend for a minute that I’m not some sky is falling, stay hooomer.

Yes, people below 18 are way less likely to get it and way less likely to have severe symptoms. Maybe that’s physiological and maybe some of that is environmental.

How many kids, say younger than 16, have been in a scenario where they would pick up the virus? During shutdowns.

The OP article sites deaths from flu, however there were no shutdowns from the flu.

It’s like saying less people age 16 and under die from alcohol poisoning. Duh, not too many people under 16 are drinking.

They’re testing the vaccines for use on kids. Yes, kids are at less risk, survival is incredibly high, but again is that all physiology, environmental or a combination?

“Now, the part where that conversation about severity gets a little bit more complicated is yes, it is absolutely true that it's less severe in kids than it is in adults, and particularly older adults. But it's also not true to say that it's completely benign in kids. Fortunately, pediatric death is a fairly rare event. But when you look at the top 10 causes of death, on an annual basis, this year, we've had, depending on whose numbers you use, somewhere between 300 and 600 pediatric deaths from COVID-19 so far. That's probably an undercount. And that would fit it somewhere in the top 10, somewhere between like No. 6 and No. 9 in terms of causes of death for children.”

Cases...

Nobody has ever said kids don’t get the virus.

What has been said and known for a long time is that kids aren’t affected much at all by the virus and they aren’t very good at spreading it.

The flu on the other hand, has killed thousands and thousands of children over the years and not one single time ever were schools closed or masks mandated as a result.

Reactions: Havoc and Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

So we’re right back to the concept of zero risk vs assumed risk

do you know how many children there are in the country and how infinitesimal a number of 300-600 is percentage-wise?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My sister is already back teaching in class and online at the same time.

So crazy.

Who's not going back?

I finish next week and then I'm off for the summer.

I'm going to concentrate on my efoil game, with my mask on of course.

There are a couple of old grannies I might try to screw too.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So we’re right back to the concept of zero risk vs assumed risk

do you know how many children there are in the country and how infinitesimal a number of 300-600 is percentage-wise?
I’m sure those kids were just the absolute picture of good health before that evil covid got ahold of them!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think it's funny how you guys scour the internet looking for examples to confirm your biases.

Then you get all crazy here.:cursing:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc