YOLO ALERTS

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Bloody Album website is a PITA. Since I'm in Australia as soon as I open that link it throws up a "you're in Australia" notification and goes straight to the Australian website so can't even see the full model range. Bugger all Yolo capacity with the stock level they run with here but the prices are also a handbrake.
Anyway I like the look of your board. My favourite groveller is also a wide diamond tail and it has me thinking of simply going for a more pulled in version for when it gets bigger. Keep us updated with how it goes for you.
View attachment 121814
Here you go ya cünt…

042C964A-8775-4973-A135-35F78F2AD9D9.jpeg

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
eeeww def go klipsh over cerwin vegas. CV are just a step above trash. klipsh are some of the best speakers on the planet.
Agreed about the CV, but Klipsh are just dipping your toe into the rabbit hole that is high end audio. There are brands like Audiovector, Dynaudio, Göbel Divin, Magico, Martin Logan, Tidal Audio where prices get pretty obnoxious. These Wilson Audio speakers are $329k a pair https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/chronosonic/chronosonic-xvx My bank account is happy to be out of that world and much to do with the internet and how much snake oil was peddled in Stereophile and other high-end audio mags back in the day before research became so easy.

• Wow
Reactions: MathDebater

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Agreed about the CV, but Klipsh are just dipping your toe into the rabbit hole that is high end audio. There are brands like Audiovector, Dynaudio, Göbel Divin, Magico, Martin Logan, Tidal Audio where prices get pretty obnoxious. These Wilson Audio speakers are $329k a pair https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/chronosonic/chronosonic-xvx My bank account is happy to be out of that world and much to do with the internet and how much snake oil was peddled in Stereophile and other high-end audio mags back in the day before research became so easy.
no doubt. i should of said - best on the planet for mere mortals.

these are what im rocking at home. overkill but fkn a are they sweet. got a smoking deal on them and then built a custiom sub to accompany.

edit: i didnt pay 16 gs for mine :jamon:

Reactions: ChaseTMP

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Some of Klipsch's high-end speakers definitely are world-class at an entry-level audiophile point.

For anyone who a) cares about hifi and b) respects the YOLO, here is my recent stereo YOLO.

NAD m33 + Triangle Signature Thetas. The NAD I have but the Triangles had to get shipped in order to get the finish I wanted.

@CutnSnip those are some no joke speakers, what do you have driving them?!?!?

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
The top layer is s-cloth on full or 3/4 length schedule and wraps under. My HIC boars that I ask for just a single layer of s-cloth on the deck have an inch wider lap. Uncle Steven at HIC has Laminations do that for all their ultra light team builds. He said the glassers don’t like doing that but he’s been ordering it that way because he thinks it helps decrease the chance of boars breaking. The rear foot patch is shaped like a horse shoe and wraps over the rail. The HIC rear patch covers a little more area. On my Tokoro’s Wade likes the front foot patch cut into a circle so there’s no straight line going across the deck screaming tear here. The front foot patch on my HIC boars are shaped like an chevron/ sergeant stripe. And for both brands the 3/4 layer is cut into a vee shape at the start of the nose area.

I use to order Kevlar strips in the tail cause my toe side rails get smashed in. I’m heavy on the balls of my feet I guess. Wade said he uses drywall tape to reinforce that area and doesn’t charge the $10 or $15 more they do for carbon or Kevlar strips.
This is great information. Glassing options like this are going to have a far greater effect on performance than whether we get an acrylic clear coat or sanded gloss.

If I can get some time off work in February I am hoping to build the next update to my toy step up design and your post has given me some ideas. I am thinking of incorporating some s glass into the deck

This was my one layer time deck lam. I got a great glass to resin ratio and will lam this way again.

Reactions: j_mac and teeroi

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Posted here a while back about a mid scale yolo on a Bobby quad, turned up today View attachment 120507

problem is, I had gone back to pu poly on all boards the last two years and while waiting for this to arrive I was thinking it cant hurt to get another eps board for better waves so I true yolo’d an OG flyer off the rack a few days ago…should be a good one two combo

View attachment 120508
Just saw that your bobby ended up on Gumtree, what didn't you like about it? I just put an order in for one :eek: