YOLO ALERTS

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Craigslist YOLO! I've sold many but never bought from C-list but when good designs, my general dims in good condition came across...YOLO/ready for summer! To traction or no traction, that is the question.

MC EEV and Almum Fascination (complete with corresponding NVS Apex fins)

IMG_6162.jpgIMG_6165.jpgIMG_6166.jpg

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Craigslist YOLO! I've sold many but never bought from C-list but when good designs, my general dims in good condition came across...YOLO/ready for summer! To traction or no traction, that is the question.

MC EEV and Almum Fascination (complete with corresponding NVS Apex fins)

View attachment 123025View attachment 123026View attachment 123027
Those are good YOLOs. However, I am unable to comprehend how people can sell second-hand boards without scraping the wax off! Just seems like it should be a common courtesy to me.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Same. Yesterday. First time ever I left the wax on after seeing all the post here.
I think for the most part if you know surfboards you can spot the age and condition of a board pretty easily and there are classic tells of neglect w/o removing the wax.

i am none the less impressed when I go to check out a board that has the wax stripped and is also fairly priced.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I think for the most part if you know surfboards you can spot the age and condition of a board pretty easily and there are classic tells of neglect w/o removing the wax.

i am none the less impressed when I go to check out a board that has the wax stripped and is also fairly priced.
All true, but the second part is how I roll. As said above by Goodfish: Common courtesy. I want the buyer to be stoked.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
All true, but the second part is how I roll. As said above by Goodfish: Common courtesy. I want the buyer to be stoked.
Do I earn back stock points for pretty much always giving $20 off, no hassle? I too enjoy sending them off with some stoke.

i rarely ask for discounts on my acquisitions unless negotiated before meeting up. i hate giving BS reasons to an honest seller.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
The deals I've given to random bros have always been excellent. Cleaned all up and marked way down just to share the stoke. Than every once in a while I get some guy showing up that wants to start negotiations all of sudden or just so happened could only withdraw a little less from his ATM on the drive over. Last guy that pulled that stunt I was like "Yeh man no problem!!! I completely understand, I got you. I'll just keep the $100 fins that are on it I was throwing in for free so you didn't make a drive out here for nothing". Than all of a sudden they find that extra $25 deep in their pockets.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Those are good YOLOs. However, I am unable to comprehend how people can sell second-hand boards without scraping the wax off! Just seems like it should be a common courtesy to me.
The guys who buy decent secondhand boards with the wax left on and say they don't care ARE LYING!
The guys who buy decent secondhand boards with the wax left on and say they don't care ARE LYING!
Haha, agreed! Can't say that I liked it and always sell mine clean but I actually got a sweet deal and that trumped presentation. It will be cherry very shortly tho.

• Love
Reactions: Goodfish