Why is acquired immunity being dismissed?

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
"Protection against Delta was highest, however, among people who were both vaccinated and had survived a previous COVID infection, and lowest among those who had never been infected or vaccinated, the study found."

"Nevertheless, vaccination remains the safest strategy against COVID-19, according to the report published in U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report."

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
"Protection against Delta was highest, however, among people who were both vaccinated and had survived a previous COVID infection, and lowest among those who had never been infected or vaccinated, the study found."

"Nevertheless, vaccination remains the safest strategy against COVID-19, according to the report published in U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report."

GrapesDad doesn't trouble himself with details

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
everyone can get reinfected

what are we supposed to consider acquired immunity in relation to?

are people who don't want the vaxx going to go get antibody tests so they can show those instead of their vaccine status to eat at Applebee's?

that seems overly complicated...

Last edited:
Reactions: hal9000

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'll just leave this here . . .

:roflmao:
Denying natural immunity is denying the science of vaccines since vaccines train the immune system to mount a response to a virus. Logically, which trains the immmune system better- the S1 subunit of the virus or all surface proteins of the virus from the virus itself? Of course it’s safer to face the virus for the first time with the former rather than get immunity the hard way depending on your age, sex, and health status.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Denying natural immunity is denying the science of vaccines since vaccines train the immune system to mount a response to a virus. Logically, which trains the immmune system better- the S1 subunit of the virus or all surface proteins of the virus from the virus itself? Of course it’s safer to face the virus for the first time with the former rather than get immunity the hard way depending on your age, sex, and health status.
Agreed. Meanwhile, Fauci just said that 2-4 years old now need a 3rd booster :roflmao:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Agreed. Meanwhile, Fauci just said that 2-4 years old now need a 3rd booster :roflmao:
The Covidians love him. Based on polling, the rest of us recognize him as a narcissistic faker.

If I pulled the stuff he pulls, I’d be fired. We need toget back some accountability in government.

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Meanwhile the Pfizer CEO says their vaccine doesn’t work on omicron, which now makes up 99.5% of all new cases.

So, what the fook?
The vaccines work fine against Omicron thanks to our T cells and memory B cells. Bourla is spreading misinformation. Maybe it’s time he was epsteined. Did you know he’s a veterinarian?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Things I've read about acquireed immunity:

- It lasts longer/is stronger than immunity from vaccines: <insert study that supports this argument here>
- No it's not: <insert study that supports this argument here>

- B- and T-cell immunity > antibody-generated immunity from vaccines: <insert study that supports this argument here>
- Antibody-generated immunity > B- and T-cell immunity: <insert study that supports this argument here>

- Omicron shows that further variants will be milder and Covid will be relegated to the dustbin of history: <insert study that supports this argument here>
- No guarantee that the next variant isn't a huge mass murderer: <insert study that supports this argument here>

- Omicron is just a cold, so get Covid now and you're good to go!
- Herman Cain Award Winner: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

Reactions: Mr Doof and hal9000

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
In the beginning, everyone talked about reaching 'herd immunity' as the main goal, but I've not heard that term mentioned in the last six months.

Is this no longer a thing?

Reactions: PRCD

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
In the beginning, everyone talked about reaching 'herd immunity' as the main goal, but I've not heard that term mentioned in the last six months.

No. That for sure is no longer a thing. Its all about political power and control. What upsets the authoritarians the most is seeing people like me living their lives as normal the past few years with no fear of their stupid virus scare campaign.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

No, I think that's done. Mitigation and management are now the strategy. This thing is on its way to becoming endemic, its here to stay, just like Spanish Flu.

No. That for sure is no longer a thing. Its all about political power and and control. What upsets the authoritarians the most is seeing people like me living their lives as normal the past few years with no fear of their stupid virus scare campaign.
Stupid virus scare campaign?

So I'm guessing you already sent your apology letter to Governor Murphy.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The problem with people finding reasons why they shouldn't vaccinate is that it biases large portions of the population not to get vaccinated who should.

It seems like all the experts agree that getting vaccinated helps reduce death and hospitalizations.

Not getting the vaccination because you are not in a high risk group might be effective for many individuals but it renders the societal response to the virus less effective.

I notice that many people want reap the benefits of being part of a society without the responsibility.

There is a name for this in nature: It's called "parasitism."

We see expression in the social environment with our covid response.

Way to go Team Human!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It seems like all the experts agree that getting vaccinated helps reduce death and hospitalizations.

Not getting the vaccination because you are not in a high risk group might be effective for many individuals but it renders the societal response to the virus less effective.
WTF???? Societal response???
At risk people should get vaccinated if they'd like along with those who are at occupational risk. Its up to them. Forced vaccinations, mandates, restrictions..........sorry but fuk that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
WTF???? Societal response???
At risk people should get vaccinated if they'd like along with those who are at occupational risk. Its up to them. Forced vaccinations, mandates, restrictions..........sorry but fuk that.
Your stupid.

Your response in now addresses what I said.

You live in a fantasy world.

Covid thanks you for your support.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf