Why is acquired immunity being dismissed?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
All the vaccinated kids need someone to look down on. It makes them feel better about themselves.

That should get you to page 20.

You're welcome.

Can we talk about short people next? Short people got no reason to live. Anyone shorter than Joe Rogan should kill themselves. Also, anyone older than me should probably die.

That might be good for 30 pages with the Rogan thing thrown in.

Damn I'm good. :waving:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
All the vaccinated kids need someone to look down on. It makes them feel better about themselves.

You're welcome.

Can we talk about short people next? Short people got no reason to live. Anyone shorter than Joe Rogan should kill themselves. Also, anyone older than me should probably die.

Because the facts do not support it, still whiteknighting for anti vaxxers? You are very emotional about the issue, don't go to the Herman Cain awards page you will stroke out.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

You're welcome.

Being short often triggers a hyper compensation which leads to all kinds of good stuff.

The sky's the limit.

*see what I did there.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Yes, it does. Why is the Party of Science ignoring this?
Nobody is ignoring it, in fact, you posted a science journal article about it and researchers have been on the case for like 19 months.

I like how you 8===D ~ ~ ~ 'd over this article but didn't actually read it. You've reached GrossFlab levels of stupid.

Furthermore, vaccine-induced immunity is a form of acquired immunity, so way to outdo yourself on multiple tiers of stupidity in one post.

The study demonstrates the power of the human immune system, but infectious disease experts emphasized that this vaccine and others for COVID-19 nonetheless remain highly protective against severe disease and death.
The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated.
The new work could inform discussion of whether previously infected people need to receive both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or the similar mRNA vaccine from Moderna.
Still, Thålin and other researchers stress that deliberate infection among unvaccinated people would put them at significant risk of severe disease and death, or the lingering, significant symptoms of what has been dubbed Long Covid. The study shows the benefits of natural immunity, but “doesn’t take into account what this virus does to the body to get to that point,”

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Nobody is ignoring it, in fact, you posted a science journal article about it and researchers have been on the case for like 19 months.
I read some of it. 7-14x over a vaccine is pretty substantial. My question, that you didn't even attempt to answer, is why immunity from past infection is not being recognized under vaccine mandates?

Reactions: GromsDad

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I read some of it.
:roflmao:

Maybe if it was a bromance novel, you would have read all of it.

Although laboratory evidence suggests that antibody responses following COVID-19 vaccination provide better neutralization of some circulating variants than does natural infection (1,2), few real-world epidemiologic studies exist to support the benefit of vaccination for previously infected persons. This report details the findings of a case-control evaluation of the association between vaccination and SARS-CoV-2 reinfection in Kentucky during May–June 2021 among persons previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020. Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47). These findings suggest that among persons with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, full vaccination provides additional protection against reinfection. To reduce their risk of infection, all eligible persons should be offered vaccination, even if they have been previously infected with SARS-CoV-2.*

Reactions: Mr Doof

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I read some of it. 7-14x over a vaccine is pretty substantial. My question, that you didn't even attempt to answer, is why immunity from past infection is not being recognized under vaccine mandates?
Again, nobody is ignoring it, but how do you keep track of who’s been infected? And if you read the article you would have (maybe) comprehended it’s findings. Instead you read a few sentences and then mischaracterized it’s content.

Should we start a government database of people who’ve been infected? Should we have a “previously infected person’s passport”.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
They thought the vaccine would end the pandemic so they didn't need testing; then the delta came.

Which is much more transmissible.

It put all those unvaccinated people in the hospital.

How can you be so smart and not know these simple facts?