Why is acquired immunity being dismissed?

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Go to youtube and type in Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. 6.4 comorbidities the verge of death? This is America in 2021. That's probably the top 30% of healthy people.

The life expectancy in this country is in the low to mid 70s. Do you know how many people 50+ have high blood pressure, regularly drink and/or smoke, overweight/obese...

Ok, if this is America and the Average American lives with 6.4 comorbidities, wouldn't the death rate be higher in people below 70?

If the Average life expencecy in America is 77 ( those are mainly the people dying of covid), couldnt you say they are close to death anyway?

Especially if they have 4.0 commodities. Surely if they make it past 77 in this food, drug and alcohol abused America in 2021 they are living are borrowed time right?

And who are you to say when exactly they were suppose to pass away. My grandmother passed of pneumonia at 72 a decade ago. These things happen, that is the nature of life. In a bad flu year they estimated 80k-100k of people pass away and thats tallied in flu season which is at most 7 months. Not 17 months like Covid is tallied currently.

They reason I bring up 690k+ people dying of heart disease in 2020 which you grossly labeled "arbitrary" is because it significantly out weighs the alleged Covid number( yes, I have issue with this number big guy, get over it, a lot of people do)

But this Heart disease number continues to happen year after year.

From 2015-2020, 3,921,863 million people died in America from heart disease

Is this not a public health crisis? If our Corporate Government really cared about the public's health, wouldnt this issue be at the top of the list? Why arent there mandates limiting peoples junk food intake for people who test positive for obesity?

As you said this is America in 2021, land of the 6.4 comorbidities, right? If it this whole thing is really about public health, wouldn't taking care of the things that allow people to become sick be part of the solution?

Their solutions are like someone trimming the leaves off a weed and saying this is the only way, after ignoring the root of the problem year after year

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Given the obvious corruption of Pfizer, the FDA, and the CDC and the fact that I'm going to get this anyways, I think I'm done getting jabbed. Hard no on vaccinating my kids.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ok, if this is America and the Average American lives with 6.4 comorbidities, wouldn't the death rate be higher in people below 70?

If the Average life expencecy in America is 77 ( those are mainly the people dying of covid), couldnt you say they are close to death anyway?

Especially if they have 4.0 commodities. Surely if they make it past 77 in this food, drug and alcohol abused America in 2021 they are living are borrowed time right?

And who are you to say when exactly they were suppose to pass away. My grandmother passed of pneumonia at 72 a decade ago. These things happen, that is the nature of life. In a bad flu year they estimated 80k-100k of people pass away and thats tallied in flu season which is at most 7 months. Not 17 months like Covid is tallied currently.

They reason I bring up 690k+ people dying of heart disease in 2020 which you grossly labeled "arbitrary" is because it significantly out weighs the alleged Covid number( yes, I have issue with this number big guy, get over it, a lot of people do)

Is this not a public health crisis? If our Corporate Government really cared about the public's health, wouldnt this issue be at the top of the list? Why arent there mandates limiting peoples junk food intake for people who test positive for obesity?

As you said this is America in 2021, land of the 6.4 comorbidities, right? If it this whole thing is really about public health, wouldn't taking care of the things that allow people to become sick be part of the solution?

Their solutions are like someone trimming the leaves off a weed and saying this is the only way, after ignoring the root of the problem year after year
I called 4.0 and 6.4 arbitrary, not 690K people, and I wasn't vague about what I was referring to. "Why do you keep arbitrarily selecting random numbers of comorbidities..." This is crystal clear that I'm referring to comorbidities, not deaths.

I called them arbitrary because you keep pulling, directly out of your ass, something about if so-and-so people have 4.0 (this post) comorbidities they should be dying soon or they're living on borrowed time and therefore fake news china virus, or whatever your point is that you keep trying, and failing, to make.

You have a problem with the Covid numbers because you're trying to analytically explain an incorrect conclusion you're insisting on. Then you start whatabouting all over the place.

Grapedrink has a point about acquired immunity should be more uniformly accepted.

Regarding the rest of your whatabout seizure, we live in a representative Republic.

We aren't banning Big Gulps nationwide because everyone fucking hates Michael Bloomberg.
Ron DeSantis's job approval numbers are even more underwater than Joe Biden's.

And who are you to say when exactly they were suppose to pass away.
This part of your post is mind-boggling. I am not saying exactly when they were supposed to pass away. But you are. Repeatedly. Right before you get indignant about something you said that I didn't say.

Reactions: grapedrink

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Love it, you say I
I called 4.0 and 6.4 arbitrary, not 690K people, and I wasn't vague about what I was referring to. "Why do you keep arbitrarily selecting random numbers of comorbidities..." This is crystal clear that I'm referring to comorbidities, not deaths.

I called them arbitrary because you keep pulling, directly out of your ass, something about if so-and-so people have 4.0 (this post) comorbidities they should be dying soon or they're living on borrowed time and therefore fake news china virus, or whatever your point is that you keep trying, and failing, to make.

You have a problem with the Covid numbers because you're trying to analytically explain an incorrect conclusion you're insisting on. Then you start whatabouting all over the place.

Grapedrink has a point about acquired immunity should be more uniformly accepted.

Regarding the rest of your whatabout seizure, we live in a representative Republic.

We aren't banning Big Gulps nationwide because everyone fucking hates Michael Bloomberg.
Ron DeSantis's job approval numbers are even more underwater than Joe Biden's.

This part of your post is mind-boggling. I am not saying exactly when they were supposed to pass away. But you are. Repeatedly. Right before you get indignant about something you said that I didn't say.

You misrepresent me, while saying I misrepresent you.

Maybe its a little bit of both

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Statement: From 2015-2020, 3,921,863 million people died in America from heart disease

Question 1: Is this not a public health crisis?

Answer 1a: Yes (who decides?)
Answer 1b: No (who decides?)
Answer 1c: What do I care, I eat well, exercise properly.

Answering Question 1 with a postulation: If our Corporate Government really cared about the public's health, wouldnt this issue be at the top of the list?

Answer 1a: No, the govt has bigger things on its plate, like national defense, federal laws/regulations are followed, etc.
Answer 1b: Yes, that is why we have food labels, have public education, public health programs, etc, so people can make the best decisions themselves without big momma telling them to eat better, exercise properly, etc

Answering Question 1 with another postulation: Why arent there mandates limiting peoples junk food intake for people who test positive for obesity?

Answer 1a: You're being specious on purpose otherwise it could be taken that you want laws/regulations to limit what people can do and the only deciding factor at this time is their BMI, right? Is that arguing in good faith? (I don't know if it is or isn't.)
Answer 1b: Too expensive to have another bureaucracy keeping (more?) tabs on the citizenry, but maybe if we cut the education, military, and health budgets, we could pay for the Federal Bureau Fat. Which will give rise to slogans like, "The FBF can have my double decker bacon wrapped meatloaf cheese melt when they pry it from the fast food franchise server's hand...once it is in my hands, well, kiss your fingers good-bye."

Answering Question 1 with another postulation: If it this whole thing is really about public health, wouldn't taking care of the things that allow people to become sick be part of the solution?

Answer 1a: Yes, and that is already in place. "How tight do you want the screws," could be a good follow-up question.
Answer 1b: (have run into a mental block, so there isn't an answer here)

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca

If there were a shot that could drastically reduce one’s chance of death or hospitalization from heart disease, do you not think the FDA, CDC, AMA, etc. would be pushing that? The vaccines are an incredibly simple way of reducing complications from this virus. Encouraging people to change their diet and lifestyle is not nearly as simple.

Just because COVID exists doesn’t mean the heart disease issue goes away. In fact it can and has expedited many of their symptoms into life threatening issues.

Plus the COVID deaths are in addition to the existing numbers of deaths.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
There’s quite a few people taking meds for high blood pressure
I’m guessing if there was a pill to not be fat, lots of people would take it
Maybe a lot would take a shot in the arm, or ass or deltoid that would make them not be fat

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If there were a shot that could drastically reduce one’s chance of death or hospitalization from heart disease, do you not think the FDA, CDC, AMA, etc. would be pushing that? The vaccines are an incredibly simple way of reducing complications from this virus. Encouraging people to change their diet and lifestyle is not nearly as simple.

Just because COVID exists doesn’t mean the heart disease issue goes away. In fact it can and has expedited many of their symptoms into life threatening issues.

Plus the COVID deaths are in addition to the existing numbers of deaths.
The old false dillema fallacy is always popular with anti-vaxxers.

It's not a coincidence.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
The “But heart disease kills a bunch of people too” argument reminds me of the gun debate arguments.

Same people too! :roflmao:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I am not sure how failure to recognize acquired immunity has harmed public health. I am not sure how failure to recognize acquired immunity has decreased vaccine confidence - that is like saying the wind stopped blowing therefore nuclear power is straight garbage.

And I think those consequences only apply to a dumber subset of the 20% of (D) and 50% of (R) who won't get the vaccine. The majority is a-okay.

I wouldn't say it has broken trust in public health officials either - by a long shot. But it has done non-zero harm to that trust. But to be clear, it's a sundae without sprinkles, not a sundae without ice cream.