Why is acquired immunity being dismissed?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
LMAO yeah getting two shots or losing shelter and food would totally stress me out. Totally not an obvious choice to make here.
if you're selfish and short-sighted then, yes, its an easy and obvious choice

but if you care about the future of the next generation, then you have a responsibility to exercise some civil disobedience here

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
if you're selfish and short-sighted then, yes, its an easy and obvious choice

but if you care about the future of the next generation, then you have a responsibility to exercise some civil disobedience here
Then the choice is easy.

Just quit the job and maybe STFU?

That is what I call freedom.

I don't get where the vax resistant cognitive dissonance is coming from.

Reactions: Phi1

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
From a pragmatic standpoint:

What would be the “standard” in natural immunity being an sufficient substitute for vaccination?

I don’t know if there is a correlation between severity of infection and antibody production and resistance to future infection.

The government has already worked with the private sector to set up easy vaccine sites.

Would a similar partnership have to be set up for doing blood tests to see if sufficient antibodies are present? Imagine the logistics of that.

Much of the criticism of the current push for vaccines is that the pharmaceutical companies are seeing huge profits from tax dollar funded vaccines.

Would people not also think a massive network of lab testing and supplies be equally subject to the “motivated by tax dollar funded labs and supplies” bias? Wouldn’t this just be another tax funded boondoggle?

Beyond that, the people equating a vaccine passport with a Star of David...would also have to show proof that they had and recovered from COVID...so that argument goes out the window.

And I’m sure the dip$hits who think a microchip is in the vaccine would be totally willing to give blood (read DNA) to a government contacted lab testing facility. :socrazy:

Reactions: crustBrother

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
forcing people into unnecessary medical procedures is literally the funniest thing ever!
It's two fucking shots, not open skull surgery.

In the case of the public sector, read some of the stats on professions like teacher. We're a representative republic, you're losing 60-40 on this issue.

In the case of the private sector, that's none of your or my business, only the overpaid deadbeat and The Right Honourable Sir Saint Job Creator.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Would a similar partnership have to be set up for doing blood tests to see if sufficient antibodies are present? Imagine the logistics of that.
A few years ago I went to a local urgent care and got antibody titre tests for varicella, measles, mumps, and rubella.

Since my varicella antibodies were aquired by virtue of surviving infection, I was WAY over the minimum count for immunity.

My MMR antibodies were aquired by vaccination, and one of the three was just a little but under the minimum count for immunity. So I got an MMR booster.

Common sense meets science. All good. Easy.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
A few years ago I went to a local urgent care and got antibody titre tests for varicella, measles, mumps, and rubella.

Since my varicella antibodies were aquired by virtue of surviving infection, I was WAY over the minimum count for immunity.

My MMR antibodies were aquired by vaccination, and one of the three was just a little but under the minimum count for immunity. So I got an MMR booster.

Common sense meets science. All good. Easy.
Think of the logistics involved with that testing though.

yea, they’re not re-inventing the wheel so it’s not like they’re setting up a testing facility from scratch.

But it involves additional equipment to draw the blood, PPE, for the people drawing it, the equipment used to analyze, the waste system after the analysis, the reporting back to the patient, and probably thousands of other things I’m not aware of.

Not difficult or impossible to add on. But it is one more thing. One more cost. What about the uninsured? Labs aren’t even offering free testing for COVID, let alone antibodies.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's two fucking shots, not open skull surgery.

In the case of the public sector, read some of the stats on professions like teacher. We're a representative republic, you're losing 60-40 on this issue.

In the case of the private sector, that's none of your or my business, only the overpaid deadbeat and The Right Honourable Sir Saint Job Creator.
Framing effect's effect on the framer = "unnecessary medical procedures"

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
But But But.........the vaients. You have to stay afraid.
The Delta will have come and gone by the time boosters got out and all teh data shows that VE is the same for the Delta as the original trials. There is no scientific argument for boosters for the general population as this article showed:

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
But But But.........the vaients. You have to stay afraid.
Good news travels slow, lacks sensationalism and doesn’t drive clicks.

:foreheadslap:

According to the most recent data on the website, for September 20, the Mu variant accounted for zero percent of the cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., and there were no confirmed cases of the variant found.

The Mu strain had previously been found in nearly every U.S. state. The Mu variant peaked in the U.S. on June 19, when it accounted for three percent of the country's total cases of COVID-19.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'll just leave this here . . .

:roflmao:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I'll just leave this here . . .

:roflmao: