Why did pro-life groups rebuke Trump for abortion comments? Seems to me like he was on point...

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I wish men had as many choices about fatherhood as women have about motherhood. That would be a game changer.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GDaddy said:
I wish men had as many choices about fatherhood as women have about motherhood. That would be a game changer.
Be careful. Women would be spiking your food with a combination of Xanax and Syrup of Ipecac those first couple months. :roflmao:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:
Why would you want government to these decisions for people Mr. Libertardian?

At what point did I say i want the government making decisions for people on anything?

You're just mouthing off, inventing stuff. Suck it, then go hang out on the snowboarding or fixie BB.

So then you think the government should stay out of a woman decides to do with her uterus? Glad we agree. :cheers:
You mean her fetus? No, I DGAF.

Stop trying to conceal the reality of abortion.
No, I mean a woman's uterus. It's not a fetus for about 10wks after conception. Get that straight and then we can debate whether or not you want the government to control what women do with their bodies.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:
There would be a lot more dead babies.
Think about what male choice would do to population growth and social entitlement programs. A whole lot of women would have to rethink every aspect of their program, from mating to employment to home ownership.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:
Why would you want government to these decisions for people Mr. Libertardian?

At what point did I say i want the government making decisions for people on anything?

You're just mouthing off, inventing stuff. Suck it, then go hang out on the snowboarding or fixie BB.

So then you think the government should stay out of a woman decides to do with her uterus? Glad we agree. :cheers:
You mean her fetus? No, I DGAF.

Stop trying to conceal the reality of abortion.
No, I mean a woman's uterus. It's not a fetus for about 10wks after conception. Get that straight and then we can debate whether or not you want the government to control what women do with their bodies.
Uterus shmuterus. This isn't about a woman's uterus and never has been. Abortion is legal up to 24 weeks, so it's a fetus for well over half of the time abortion is legal.

And despite not being a yellow dog Democrat like you, I could care less whether a woman has an abortion, so stop blabbering about government control and womens bodies and wanting a debate.

Time to he a man and face up to the facts, u fckin weirdo.

"In the beginning they were calling it a baby. We were saying it was only blood and tissue. Let’s agree this is a life form, a potential life; you’re terminating it. You don’t have to argue that abortion stops a beating heart. It does." - Merle Hoffman

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
GDaddy said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:
There would be a lot more dead babies.
Think about what male choice would do to population growth and social entitlement programs. A whole lot of women would have to rethink every aspect of their program, from mating to employment to home ownership.
It's called wearing a condom.

I was always terrified of getting some annoying women I was using for sex pregnant.

(I never dragged it out--hit and quit. I'm not sadistic by nature but a guy has to get laid sometimes)

And I get not using condoms. As my GF said, those black people in the ghetto are really on to something there.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
casa_mugrienta said:
Uterus shmuterus. This isn't about a woman's uterus and never has been. Abortion is legal up to 24 weeks, so it's a fetus for well over half of the time abortion is legal.

And despite not being a yellow dog Democrat like you, I could care less whether a woman has an abortion, so stop blabbering about government control and womens bodies and wanting a debate.

"In the beginning they were calling it a baby. We were saying it was only blood and tissue. Let’s agree this is a life form, a potential life; you’re terminating it. You don’t have to argue that abortion stops a beating heart. It does." - Merle Hoffman
You could care less whether a woman has an abortion but you want to argue about it anyway? :socrazy:

More importantly do you really want to vote for a guy who's changed his opinion on abortion more times than Larry Kings changed wives?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
To keep a society functional you have to consider eugenics.

I know AH gave it a bad name but the troublemakers gobble up limited resources.

What if they were nipped in the bud?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The counterargument to population control is that if it takes a million births to get the exceptional braincase that comes up with the giant leap forward then cutting down that birthrate slows our pace of advances.

The global average standard of living in 2016 is way higher than it was 50 years ago, and we owe that in large part to advances in science and technology.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
casa_mugrienta said:
GromsDad said:
You wouldn't punish women. You would punish the Dr who performed the abortion. It would be an illegal medical procedure to perform. The doctor would lose his license. Doctor's lose their licenses all the time for malpractice. We don't punish the victim of the malpractice. Its as simple as that.
There's zero logic to the above.

Just as Kento said. The pro life argument is that a fetus is a human being, and that an abortion is murder. Just like someone hiring a hitman.

Or are you proposing it should be legal to hire a hitman?
Really? No logic? Sorry....can't help you then.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:

You could care less whether a woman has an abortion but you want to argue about it anyway? :socrazy:
There's no argument. I'm educating you and guiding you towards your eventual self realization that you are an emotional weakling.

More importantly do you really want to vote for a guy who's changed his opinion on abortion more times than Larry Kings changed wives?
I'm not voting for anybody, thanks, you know this already but lack the intelligence and education to put forth anything of value on just about any topic save fixie riding so you come here blathering lies, assumptions, and innuendo. All the while with you finger on the "report" button.

You will be voting for someone who tried to get a child rapist off the hook while certain of his guilt and then had the nerve to chuckle about it in retrospect. You have over 30,000 posts on a surfing forum yet you admittedly do not surf. What a resume. Pat yourself on the back, loser.

23rdstMB

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Nov 14, 2002
Home
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:

the argument is (should be) and always has been since Roe V Wade about the 14th amendment. The dissent ruled not against the act itself but about the misappropriation of the 14th... They believed (rightly so IMO) that this is a STATE'S ISSUE.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
23rdstMB said:
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:

the argument is (should be) and always has been since Roe V Wade about the 14th amendment. The dissent ruled not against the act itself but about the misappropriation of the 14th... They believed (rightly so IMO) that this is a STATE'S ISSUE.
And that was the dissent.

LonnyVanHook

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Nothin' But Civility!
23rdstMB said:
Questions for you "States' Rights-ers":

Do you actually give a sh!t about abortion?

Or, are you just parroting the marching orders from your masters- promulgating a wedge issue that will effectively fracture the US along state lines?

Divide and conquer, and all that.

23rdstMB

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Nov 14, 2002
Home
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
Questions for you "States' Rights-ers":

Do you actually give a sh!t about abortion?

Or, are just parroting the marching orders from your masters- promulgating a wedge issue that will effectively fracture the US along state lines?

Divide and conquer, and all that.
Don't conflate my opinions about states rights to my opinions on abortion.

I can believe in a woman's right to choose while at the same time be against the act itself. My issue is with progressives using the courts (9 unelected people in blacks cloaks) to decide what is right for the country as a whole. In many instances doing so by inventing precedent out of whole cloth... like they did in this case.

The US isn't a homogeneous entity- laws that respect to the individual shouldn't be either.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Don't blame "progressives" on judicial activism, blame John Marshall back in Marbury v Madison

And that's the way the Supreme Court has to be; they have to be unelected, and the power of judicial review is well-founded and a core of our check and balance system.

I do believe in Federalism, but I also believe in the supremacy of the Federal Government and especially the Supreme Court