Why did pro-life groups rebuke Trump for abortion comments? Seems to me like he was on point...

23rdstMB

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Nov 14, 2002
Home
ifallalot said:
Don't blame "progressives" on judicial activism, blame John Marshall back in Marbury v Madison

And that's the way the Supreme Court has to be; they have to be unelected, and the power of judicial review is well-founded and a core of our check and balance system.

I do believe in Federalism, but I also believe in the supremacy of the Federal Government and especially the Supreme Court
So you believe in federalism but you also believe that the federal government should be supreme? :shrug:

23rdstMB

Nov 14, 2002
Home
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
Don't conflate my opinions about states rights to my opinions on abortion.
Don't tell me what the fvck to do.

You took the bait- answer the questions
fvck off, I did.
I'll fvck right off when I'm good and ready.

Why are right wingers always such dissembling pussies?
because nothing is absolute, azzhole.

LonnyVanHook

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Nothin' But Civility!
23rdstMB said:
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
Don't conflate my opinions about states rights to my opinions on abortion.
Don't tell me what the fvck to do.

You took the bait- answer the questions
fvck off, I did.
I'll fvck right off when I'm good and ready.

Why are right wingers always such dissembling pussies?
because nothing is absolute, azzhole.
Dissembling has nothing to do with absolutism.

It's hiding true intent behind a scrim of bullshit.

23rdstMB

Nov 14, 2002
Home
you said:

"Do you actually give a sh!t about abortion?"

To which I said:

"I can believe in a woman's right to choose (which I believe in)...."

That was embedded within my scrim of bu!!sh!t- not my fault you missed it.

LonnyVanHook

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Nothin' But Civility!
23rdstMB said:
you said:

To which I said:

Fair enough. I'm a little bit :drunk: after a shitty day (and I still can't stand you right wing pos's, but, whatever) and I share the same feeling's re: abortion.

But the point stands: If abortion became a states' rights issue, it could very easily break this country up.

Which really would not be a good thing.

IMHFO

23rdstMB

Nov 14, 2002
Home
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
you said:

To which I said:

Fair enough. I'm a little bit :drunk: after a shitty day (and I still can't stand you right wing pos's, but, whatever) and I share the same feeling's re: abortion.

But the point stands: If abortion became a states' rights issue, it could very easily break this country up.

IMHFO
go surfing for chrissakes.

LonnyVanHook

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Nothin' But Civility!
23rdstMB said:
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
you said:

To which I said:

IMHFO

Kindly go fvck yourself.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Out of curiosity, what laws should be states rights and what laws should be left up to the federal government and who decides? If states rights are so sacred why is there federal law at all?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
frvcvs said:
Out of curiosity, what laws should be states rights and what laws should be left up to the federal government and who decides? If states rights are so sacred why is there federal law at all?
For one thing, many federal laws rarely get enforced to the book. Look at federal marijuana laws as just a single example.

There's few "feds" in every state to enforce their laws completely. So, the states try, or make up their own, stronger or weaker, depending on the constituents votes or reps.

The IRS is about as "fed" of a enforcer as you're gonna get, unless it's a major felony.

23rdstMB

Nov 14, 2002
Home
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
VanHook said:
23rdstMB said:
you said:

To which I said:

IMHFO

Kindly go fvck yourself.
:roflmao: seriously man-

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Surfdog said:
frvcvs said:
For one thing, many federal laws rarely get enforced to the book. Look at federal marijuana laws as just a single example.

There's few "feds" in every state to enforce their laws completely. So, the states try, or make up their own, stronger or weaker, depending on the constituents votes or reps.

The IRS is about as "fed" of a enforcer as you're gonna get, unless it's a major felony.
So then what's the point? :shrug:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
frvcvs said:
Surfdog said:
frvcvs said:

So then what's the point? :shrug:
Got me? I guess just in case we (or a state) goes all to hell in a handbasket and the feds need to get involved to sort out the big gnarly stuff?

23rdstMB

Nov 14, 2002
Home
frvcvs said:
Collect taxes, pay debts, borrow money, regulate commerce, establish uniform naturalization laws, establish uniform bankruptcy laws, coin money, establish punishment for counterfeiters, establish post offices and roads for delivering the mail, provide laws for copyrights and patents, constitute tribunals accountable to the Supreme Court, establish punishment for crimes committed at sea, declare war, raise and support various branches of the military, establish a national capital, make laws.

Everything else we should let the states handle.

23rdstMB

Nov 14, 2002
Home
Donald Trump was asked what the 3 biggest functions of the federal government are...

“Well, the greatest function of all by far is security for our nation. I would also say health care, I would also say education.”

:foreheadslap:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
23rdstMB said:
frvcvs said:
Collect taxes, pay debts, borrow money, regulate commerce, establish uniform naturalization laws, establish uniform bankruptcy laws, coin money, establish punishment for counterfeiters, establish post offices and roads for delivering the mail, provide laws for copyrights and patents, constitute tribunals accountable to the Supreme Court, establish punishment for crimes committed at sea, declare war, raise and support various branches of the military, establish a national capital, make laws.

Exactly right.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

!! )

:jam_on:

:rockin:

:roflmao:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
23rdstMB said:
frvcvs said:

Exactly right.
So you value life so much that you wouldn't allow abortion in your state.
You would just inconvenience a woman to drive across state line to get one.
That's a great moral stand.

Why even have a country?
Why not just have 51 shitty little countries and California?
That would be great because we could build a wall.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
23rdstMB said:
frvcvs said:

So burn the Constitution and go back to the Articles of Confederation.

:foreheadslap:

The Founders are rolling in their graves