Why did pro-life groups rebuke Trump for abortion comments? Seems to me like he was on point...

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So pro lifers believe abortion is murder.

Therefore a woman who has an abortion is at minimum an accessory to murder, if we remain true to that doctrine.

So if Roe v Wade were overturned, and abortion became illegal, why wouldn't the woman be punished for having an abortion? When you consider a person can be punished for buying a dimebag, it makes sense a woman would be punished for an abortion at least in a legal sense.

Yet the pro life people responded with "We would NEVER seek to punish a woman for having an abortion!" Was anyone else puzzled here? Serious question.

Or is this another case of Trump derangement syndrome in which abortion foes are willing to forsake their doctrine? Or even possibly the Stop Trump movement at work behind the scenes, politically forcing the hand of abortion foes?

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
I don't know, but my testicles are full of half alive babies. I must save them.

BRING ME THE EGGS!!!

:dancing:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Just like only gays should have been allowed to vote on the gay marriage issue, I think only women should vote on the abortion issue.

See how that turns out.

Nothing more gross than a bunch of old, white dudes deciding what women should do with their bodies.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Because being against abortion isn't actually about being against abortion (at least when you've got a little bit of political clout.)

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Why would you want government to these decisions for people Mr. Libertardian?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It is all because people are stupid.

If someone breaks a crime, punishment is in order. Period.

People still haven't learned the value of context, and think that Trump is going to execute women for having legal abortions because they are only listening to what the banker-owned media is telling them.

Cruz, being a psychotic Evangelical, is who women should fear the most.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
More importantly does anyone really think Trump thinks abortion should be banned or do you think he's pandering to a base he wants to win over?

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
he's pandering....of course...yet, with abortion the 'third rail' of american politics, one has to wonder
whether he got shocked this week.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
casa_mugrienta said:
Yet the pro life people responded with "We would NEVER seek to punish a woman for having an abortion!" Was anyone else puzzled here? Serious question.
Not really.

Between people who want to actually win an election (women are a majority of the electorate, and the majority of that majority is pro choice), and Republicans who are against abortion in name but in practice would ship their daughter off to the clinic, be it down the street or in Toronto or London, at the drop of hat, this isn't that surprising.

In 2004 I heard a great deal about the War on Terror and Moral Values leading up to the election. W Bush won, and immediately started prattling on about privatizing Social Security.

I have little to no doubt Kasich or Cruz or Rubio or Ryan or any of these born again crazies absolutely want to follow that intellectually consistent position you laid out. They just don't feel like trying to win an election articulating it.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
More importantly does anyone really think Trump thinks abortion should be banned or do you think he's pandering to a base he wants to win over?
Obviously pandering. And flip-flopping for the same reason.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
frvcvs said:

At what point did I say i want the government making decisions for people on anything?

You're just mouthing off, inventing stuff. Suck it, then go hang out on the snowboarding or fixie BB.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You wouldn't punish women. You would punish the Dr who performed the abortion. It would be an illegal medical procedure to perform. The doctor would lose his license. Doctor's lose their licenses all the time for malpractice. We don't punish the victim of the malpractice. Its as simple as that.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
GromsDad said:
You wouldn't punish women. You would punish the Dr who performed the abortion. It would be an illegal medical procedure to perform. The doctor would lose his license. Doctor's lose their licenses all the time for malpractice. We don't punish the victim of the malpractice. Its as simple as that.
But it isn't a botched procedure. It is a procedure requested by the patient, hardly making them a victim. If you hire a hitman to kill someone, both you and the hitman are criminally responsible (keeping in Trumpian logic).

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Kento said:
But it isn't a botched procedure. It is a procedure requested by the patient, hardly making them a victim. If you hire a hitman to kill someone, both you and the hitman are criminally responsible (keeping in Trumpian logic).
Kento and I aren't about to start hiring hitmen to kill people, so much as we're about to plead innocent to a series of allegations relating to malpractice on the part of the accounts receivable third party we contracted to run collections.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
GromsDad said:
There's zero logic to the above.

Just as Kento said. The pro life argument is that a fetus is a human being, and that an abortion is murder. Just like someone hiring a hitman.

Or are you proposing it should be legal to hire a hitman?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When a woman gets pregnant, the anti abortion dummies should punish the fetuses by killing them.

That way they get to punish some one and you take care of the unwanted baby problem.

win/win

I've mentioned this before but the anti abortion people know that in other countries abortion will still be legal, right?

So prohibition will just be an obstacle for poor people who are already shitting out babies faster than you can say, "How's your father?"

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
casa_mugrienta said:
I wasn't puzzled by this.

When you are trying to get people to be on your side, you don't alienate them straight off the bat.

Call it strategic thinking, clever marketing, or base manners, just don't call me late at night with a timeshare offer.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
casa_mugrienta said:
GromsDad said:
There's zero logic to the above.

Just as Kento said. The pro life argument is that a fetus is a human being, and that an abortion is murder. Just like someone hiring a hitman.

Or are you proposing it should be legal to hire a hitman?
Let's have even more fun with this. Would the man involved in the knocking up then be eligible to sue for wrongful death?

What do we do with the deadbeat dads?

What if the baby is f*cked up because said knocker-upper gave that woman herpes?

I mean as long we're penalizing people, let's not hold back. :drowning:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:

At what point did I say i want the government making decisions for people on anything?

You're just mouthing off, inventing stuff. Suck it, then go hang out on the snowboarding or fixie BB.
So then you think the government should stay out of a woman decides to do with her uterus? Glad we agree. :cheers:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:

So then you think the government should stay out of a woman decides to do with her uterus? Glad we agree. :cheers:
You mean her fetus? No, I DGAF.

Stop trying to conceal the reality of abortion.