Who's moved from mainland to Hawaii (Kauai)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah, magical thinking works good too while you're filling out the hours before you shake off this mortal coil.

I get that.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
If it happens, it'll be the local Asian girls who will be the ones who are racist and mean to your daughters.

As youcan'tbeserious said, might be good for them in the long run.
I find this to be true for my daughter, and I find it is harder for girls in general.
" Then said Jesus to those Jews who believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and we were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou,
ye shall be made free?

Jesus answered them, verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the sevant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever; but the Son abideth ever.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. "

John 8:31-36 KJV

" For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. "

1 Corinthians 15: 25-26 KJV

Had to comment, important subject...." The last enemy "

....I am goingout side now... I lived on Kauai for a short time....right before, The Lord Jesus Christ made me free....
Jesus loves you!

Everybody else thinks you're an asshole.

I kid I kid. You do you.

byoda

OTF status
Jan 3, 2006
I am still hanging on. Kailua is def not like how it was when I was growing up. Its insanely crowded now.

The surf is still good at the east side spots so I am still stoked and surfing.

But downtown Kailua and all the neighborhoods are trash. All mainlanders or senior military officers with money.
thats good theres something left but surf schools @ malaekahana, flat island locs, WTF last time i surfed the eastside 15 yrs ago the were over 100 guys out @ CL's havent been back to oahu since

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
thats good theres something left but surf schools @ malaekahana, flat island locs, WTF last time i surfed the eastside 15 yrs ago the were over 100 guys out @ CL's havent been back to oahu since
Thanks social media. Every spot is packed now unless you're lucky enough to regularly get a week day off.

Surfing is turning into Skiing. Go skiing on a weekday and there's no lift lines. Go on a weekend and you're waiting 30+ minutes. Same with Oahu breaks. The north shore still has some empty lineups on weekdays since most people are working. Weekends its you and you're 100 closest friends.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
100 guys out @ CL's havent been back to oahu since
Da fak? seriously?

sh!t when I was growing up hardly anyone surfed there.

Same with NCTs and RI. Now every swell with light wind its packed shoulder to shoulder.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Same thing here tbh. Used to beg my friends to paddle out south side seal. Fucking zoo now

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
One can still can get a few waves on Oahu if you time it right, hope there's a big swell, and the other guys boards are too small!

Last end of winter I had a rare one, surfed a out-of-the-way spot up in country, on that morning there were almost 20 guys out at this spot, first 1 1/2 hrs.,waves were tricky and I almost left, most of the guys bailed, then the waves settled down a little and with a tide rise, things got better, surfed with just 4 of us out for another 4hrs., I stayed out for the whole 5 1/2 hrs. the conditions held, I stayed out as long as I could, cause it was so rare to surf almost alone, (the other guys needed
a bit more length in their boards and they were a bit under-gunned....and it was on a weekend! Rare, but it can happen!

Oahu is almost 600 (597)square miles in size with almost 1,000,000 people, Kauai is about 550 (552) square miles in size
and about 72,500 or so people.

I"m thinkin' both islands get plenty surfers.....

.. I am goingoutside now...soon, you might find yourself and a few others...paddling outside! When you see that set coming!

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I'm lucky enough to get a regularly scheduled day off during the week twice a month. I swear it is like heaven driving to surf spots on a weekday. No fighting for parking. No big crowds. Everyone out is usually laid back and not battling you for waves since there is plenty to go around.

A few times this past winter I was at well known breaks on Oahu with just me and two other guys out and the waves were firing.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
It’s insane to me how much it cost to live in Hawaii and how much people spend on their home.

I just don’t get it. Where does everyone get the money?
We work our phuggin azz's off so we can live at HOME ~
My wife and I live simply and our house has been paid off for quite some time now.
Small home, a big lot where a second home could be built. Local tradewinds fill in for AC. Neighbors are quiet. A nice enough view. Greenery surrounds us. When our avocado tree is going off, they go to local restaurants and friends for free.
We do the beach, do a little beach camping with friends. Lunch or dinner out once a week, bbq's at the beach with friends. We can drive 20 minutes East and watch the sun come up and then get breakfast somewhere. We have a few choice spots for sunsets & beers & to play with the dog in the early evenings until it gets dark. Sometimes I'll bring the fire pit and we'll stay later and look for satellites passing overhead. There are all kinds of stuff to do here and not just on the north shore where I live. My neighborhood contains the workforce for the north shore of Kauai. I love where I live. I feel very fortunate for the friends that I've made here.
And, it's easier to deal with 70,000+ local residents on Kauai. Just those numbers alone, surround a local strip mall in Dana Point. But it's fun to take a trip to the West coast to visit, but certainly not to live there anymore.
Love and Aloha from Kauai's north shore ~
PPK
:cool::shaka::giggle:

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I hear you @PPK96754

I am fortunate to own a home on oahu next to firing surf. It is a little crowded sometimes but never nearly as crowded as anywhere else in the US.

Life is different here which some people struggle with. I take my kid to the beach everyday after work and also surf as much as I can.

I feel lucky every day.

Im just confused where people coming in and dropping 1.5 million cash on homes in Hawaii come from.

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
Kauai is like a very small town that's very difficult to get away from without spending significant time and/or money.

Some people love small town life. Some people can't stand it.

What are your interests?

What are your wife's interests?

What are your kid's interests?

I love living on Oahu, but I don't think I could live on Kauai in a million years.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
My good local mexican friend Ray Navarro moved over to Maui. He was one of our local boys, Moss Landing. Met up with Laird. A match in heaven. A big turtle tattoo. and its all good.