Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Omg, the hedgies didn't get out of their short positions and maybe threw a hail mary at it?? Float went from 150% to 249% ???

Reactions: Yewstreet

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Can someone please explain WTF is happening
Some Hedge Funds short sold Game Stop ("borrowed" shares of Game Stop and sold them). In fact, they short sold so much Game Stop, there was more Game Stop sold short than there is Game Stop.
If a stock is heavily shorted, and the price goes up, the people who bet against it can be stuck in what is called a "short squeeze": their play is losing money, so they have to buy the stock to cover before their position is any more under water.

Some redditors noticed this or some such, and decided to loosely coordinate to bid up Game Stop on the WallStreetBets subreddit

So now a bunch of rando neets and wagies are bidding up Game Stop, not to make money per se, but to BTFO the hedgies who over-shorted Game Stop. Mervin Capital or whatever got a big loan, like billions with a B, to try to float their snafu, and told CNBC "they covered their short position". The rando assortment of neets and wagies said Fuck hedgies and CNBC is a bunch of lying shills.

So now media commentary twitter, especially the finance/econ subsets, is full of turbocuck shill blue checks crying about how selling 138% of floating Game Stop is necessary for the market, Discord kickb& the WallStreetBets subreddits for hate speech a day after peak twitter skyscreaming about it, and the SEC is being framed as more worried about some redditors bidding up a dying company's stock vs the vultures shorting 138% of it.

Basically everyone else of all political persuasions, screeds, colors, and party registration is singing kumbaya and sharing s'mores hoping we see the flames and hear the screams shortly.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm putting in another $2K tomorrow. If my $5K goes up in flames, whatever I'll still own GameStop stocks. I just want to be a part of it if it roasts more hedgefunds and Cohen on Friday. It's the most unified I've seen America.

Rather waste my money on a meme stock than chasing Tesla.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Both DDS and LGND are slightly over 100% float. Not as lopsided as GameStop, but could still make for some gains with the help of a reddit mob, correct?! Should i stoke up?

ROFLMAOing at of the talking heads and institutions cucking for wall street billionaires like they are the victims :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

Both DDS and LGND are slightly over 100% float. Not as lopsided as GameStop, but could still make for some gains with the help of a reddit mob, correct?! Should i stoke up?

ROFLMAOing at of the talking heads and institutions cucking for wall street billionaires like they are the victims :roflmao:
Well all those reddit nerds are gonna have cash to put in to something else. The crazy thing is that most of them don't even care about what happens. They'll hold forever just for the ride. They aren't scared and are so excited to see hedge funds freaking out. If you're the hedge funds, how do you counter trade with people who have no fear and are making memes all day. It's hilarious and beautiful.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Well all those reddit nerds are gonna have cash to put in to something else. The crazy thing is that most of them don't even care about what happens. They'll hold forever just for the ride. They aren't scared and are so excited to see hedge funds freaking out. If you're the hedge funds, how do you counter trade with people who have no fear and are making memes all day. It's hilarious and beautiful.
Here’s the problem. If the stock gets “halted” until the weekend, all those Robinhood people who have ITM options are sorta fucked. They would have to buy the stock, and if they can’t afford it, the brokerage will start selling their shares.That could be on a mass scale. Wild.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
What you're saying is deep down what I really think but don't want to think will happen. Some sort of shady SEC sh!t. Seeing the float go from 150% to 249% today of all days makes me think it's Cohen or some other major figure knowing something is gonna happen in the next two days.

Reactions: SlicedFeet

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Robinhood blocked trading on these stocks according to the WallStreetBets forum.
That’s farked up. Robinhood will allow you to sell but not buy.

I do understand having stricter margin requirements. I can’t believe they’ve been relaxed, so many people throughout the years have been coffin’d by the appeal of easy margin.

I can’t wait until the conversation between Robinhood and the big boards makes it out in the open.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That’s farked up. Robinhood will allow you to sell but not buy.

I do understand having stricter margin requirements. I can’t believe they’ve been relaxed, so many people throughout the years have been coffin’d by the appeal of easy margin.

I can’t wait until the conversation between Robinhood and the big boards makes it out in the open.
Schwab did yesterday as well. Rigged!

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I'm putting in another $2K tomorrow. If my $5K goes up in flames, whatever I'll still own GameStop stocks. I just want to be a part of it if it roasts more hedgefunds and Cohen on Friday. It's the most unified I've seen America.

Rather waste my money on a meme stock than chasing Tesla.
hope you didn't actually follow through :roflmao:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Omg, the hedgies didn't get out of their short positions and maybe threw a hail mary at it?? Float went from 150% to 249% ???

It's not a Hail Mary...its a safe bet. Shorting GME at 300 doesn't take a genius. The short windfall is going to be huge.

Selling GME at market from this point forward is going to be impossible. No one is going to take these orders. Anyone who bought on the run is about to break even at best. Shorts are eating with both hands now.

This is a perfect example of why individual investors shouldn't short stocks. Hedge funds have the liquidity, the credit, and the wherewithal to chuckle at this all the way up to Amazon valuation if need be..they know the crushing of this stock is going to come fast and at once. There's going to be nothing left. Individual investors had to cover and lost their investment on a fairly safe bet.

All the back slapping about taking it to the man is bullshit. Ordinary people are going to be the losers when it's all said and done.

It had to suck being an insider watching this because the window is closed until March. There's no way the CFO even opens it now.

Last edited:

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Schwab did yesterday as well. Rigged!
That sucks but makes sense because Robinhood has to use or go through all of these other Brokerage channels. All Finra, etc., had to do was have a conversation with them to give Robinhood an Indian Rope Burn.

Now your stuck closing out your position entirely. That’s why those stocks just dropped 40-65%. No buyers.

Welcome to an inefficient market scenario.

Reactions: r32