Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
It looks like the institutional traders just closed out their short positions they initiated yesterday when the Robinhooders bid this up to the moon.

The professionals are in control and laughing all the ways to bank. I bet they were programing their algorithms the past few days just to take advantage of this. More Fed stimulus to them courtesy of Biden, actually this is worldwide money they are tokin’.

Reactions: Havoc

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That sucks but makes sense because Robinhood has to use or go through all of these other Brokerage channels. All Finra, etc., had to do was have a conversation with them to give Robinhood an Indian Rope Burn.

Now your stuck closing out your position entirely. That’s why those stocks just dropped 40-65%. No buyers.

Welcome to an inefficient market scenario.
Schwab won't let you buy, but maybe they'll let you sell? I dunno.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
So the only people who will walk away with big wins are the people who manage to sell all of their inflated price GME stock to some other person playing the "drive the price up" game?
This is more typical than it seemed at first.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
hope you didn't actually follow through :roflmao:
I did. At the dip. Not cause I know how to read markets but because I woke up to take a pee at 630am and saw it was $135. Bought it on TD Ameritrade app in the dark on the toilet. Brought my average price down to $210. Went back to sleep. Been looking forward to Friday anyway, 20+ million shorts expire tomorrow.

Wonder how much Robinhood got paid to block GME? So fcked up.
Somebody sold 443K shares at the absolute bottom in one batch.
Then another batch of 347K shares at $20 up from the absolute bottom.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Man the last two days I totally took my eyes off my crypto investments and jumped on the tindieman ship of GME. Its been exciting!

On the Crypto front, nice to see a slight uptick in BTC and ETH. That market seems relatively tame after today!

R32, have you checked out the DYP staking? Staking dApp Nice to get rewards in WETH!

My buddy just got me into BAO.Finance too.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Man the last two days I totally took my eyes off my crypto investments and jumped on the tindieman ship of GME. Its been exciting!

On the Crypto front, nice to see a slight uptick in BTC and ETH. That market seems relatively tame after today!

R32, have you checked out the DYP staking? Staking dApp Nice to get rewards in WETH!

My buddy just got me into BAO.Finance too.
I have not checked out the staking app. There are so many staking options now it's mind boggling. I trade for a living so I'm not really into the idea of locking up my funds for a fixed return. But for many, I think it's fantastic option.

You might check out this guys experiment of putting $7000 into 7 different DeFi. Really cool experiment to see how it plays out.

Reactions: Yewstreet

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I did. At the dip. Not cause I know how to read markets but because I woke up to take a pee at 630am and saw it was $135. Bought it on TD Ameritrade app in the dark on the toilet. Brought my average price down to $210. Went back to sleep. Been looking forward to Friday anyway, 64 million short stocks expire tomorrow.

Wonder how much Robinhood got paid to block GME? So fcked up.
Somebody sold 443K shares at the absolute bottom in one batch.
Then another batch of 347K shares at $20 up from the absolute bottom.
.....and GME didn't do a capital raise. They could have wiped out retail investors by filling the void over the last few weeks with a capital raise and put a billion dollars of these naive investors money in the bank. Something tells me that this would have been a gray area move...knowing there's a bubble and capitalizing on it.....or they just didn't want to be sued in a class action lawsuit.

Reactions: racer1

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I think this might drive some more people into using Dex's (Decentralized exchanges) like UNI, and may have more people looking into DeFi protocols like Aave. (In the crypto space at least)

I know its gotten me thinking about what brokerage's/exchange's I use, since I woke up to robinhood's restrictions of my meme stocks this morning

• Sad
Reactions: afoaf

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Their afterhours email (I have a small balance with them, but trade with TD) was so ridiculous. "We're here for the little guy" and "Our decision wasn't influence by market managers" and "we had to limit our risks." Maybe I'd believe them if they only limited options while also limiting selling, but they didn't.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Their afterhours email (I have a small balance with them, but trade with TD) was so ridiculous. "We're here for the little guy" and "Our decision wasn't influence by market managers" and "we had to limit our risks." Maybe I'd believe them if they only limited options while also limiting selling, but they didn't.
I had a good laugh at that. "We stand in support of you, our customers. Democratizing finance for all means giving people more access, not less." :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
meanwhile, DOGE up over 300% today and still climbing
I was just going to ask you, I can't find this in my TD acct. If its up 400% and it is at .50, is that .50 per coin? or .50 of the going rate of crypto whatever that is...