Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
A few exchanges going down. Voyager (App based crypto exchange - similar to robinhood) was down for maintenance earlier today and inaccessible now due to "Increased Volume"

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
ErBB stock thread sticky, or stock forum even, would be a good idea. It would take a little while to get used to the ambiguity of terms, though.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
ErBB stock thread sticky, or stock forum even, would be a good idea. It would take a little while to get used to the ambiguity of terms, though.
I wish I had stuck with trading when I was younger. I remember signing up for eTrade in college in the 90's when the internet was barely getting going. Didn't have a clue on trading or life for that matter. Read a few books but was too bothered with chasing girls and waves. I could have retired by the time I was 35 if I had stuck with it. Only later in life did I revisit trading when I got burned out on slaving away for clients. And never looked back.

Reactions: grapedrink

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I wish I had stuck with trading when I was younger. I remember signing up for eTrade in college in the 90's when the internet was barely getting going. Didn't have a clue on trading or life for that matter. Read a few books but was too bothered with chasing girls and waves. I could have retired by the time I was 35 if I had stuck with it. Only later in life did I revisit trading when I got burned out on slaving away for clients. And never looked back.
yup 20/20 hind site
I had opportunities with apple, microsoft, berkshire hathaway in the late 70's early 80's but my mind was elsewhere and we were going through the midst the whole Penn Square banking scandal on the verge of bankruptcy so the market left a bad taste when you looked at the effect of what the oklahoma oil speculation did to us (read "Behind Closed Doors" by Hope Lampert). But when you think about it now it kind of makes you sick think where you'd be today with a couple of thousand dollar investments back then.
Today I have kids I've mentored who started working with the idea of retiring no later 50/55 most on their 3rd or 4th house some with 3 or 4 houses/condos producing income and tons of apple stock,
I think the term is getting your FU money, so you can quit and do what you want to do before you hit your midlife crisis

Reactions: JBerry

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Any resources you recommend? I'm late 20s looking to be productive while things are quiet, I've always been interested by the market (More so into crypto, but have been paying more attention to traditional markets lately). I'm pretty financially literate (CPA working on tech clients)

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Any resources you recommend? I'm late 20s looking to be productive while things are quiet, I've always been interested by the market (More so into crypto, but have been paying more attention to traditional markets lately). I'm pretty financially literate (CPA working on tech clients)
Start with basics. I recommend these three books first, because they read super quick.

Trading for Dummies
Stock Investing for Dummies
Technical Analysis for Dummies

After you read those, if you want to dive deeper into technical analysis, start with this book. It's thick but it is pretty much like an encyclopedia of technical analysis. From there, you can figure out which areas and methodologies of technical analysis you want to explore more. For example, the book has a few pages dedicated to reading candlestick patterns. But there are entire books on just that subject if you want to dive deeper. Use this book to find your starting points for technical analysis.

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets

Almost all the stuff for trading crypto is based on the stock market. The terms, trading methodologies, strategies, technical indicators, charting tools, etc. All comes from stock market. Learn to trade stocks first.

AS ALWAYS: Don't risk more than you're willing to lose. Trade with very small amounts over and over until you become efficient at finding profit. Learn from your mistakes.

Reactions: Aruka and Yewstreet

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Start with basics. I recommend these three books first, because they read super quick.

Almost all the stuff for trading crypto is based on the stock market. The terms, trading methodologies, strategies, technical indicators, charting tools, etc. All comes from stock market. Learn to trade stocks first.

AS ALWAYS: Don't risk more than you're willing to lose. Trade with very small amounts 1000x over until you become efficient at finding profit. Learn from your mistakes.
Awesome! Thanks for being so quick on this - just ordered the books. I had my first small loss last night by Fomo'ing into Doge at 0.065cents haha. Thought that there would be more wave to ride, but learned my lesson: Do not buy in to a joke asset that already pumped 700%. Luckily, I set a stop loss before I went to sleep. I was also lucky that another one of my exchange tokens pumped 80% as they were getting 100 new accounts a minute, covered the doge loss.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I know it was mentioned deeper in this thread -

what is the easiest/most reliable way to get onboard with this alt coin action? I want to pump and dump some doggies but don’t use Robinhood and am not keen to start.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I use Kraken as my main exchange (Its down right now) and voyager as a backup (its down right now as well haha). Both of those give more access to alt coins than coinbase I think.

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I use Kraken as my main exchange (Its down right now) and voyager as a backup (its down right now as well haha). Both of those give more access to alt coins than coinbase I think.
So... they check the box of convenient but not the box for reliable. Are their T&C’s at least better than RH?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
coinbase is pretty easy. I've made a few grand in the last couple years with tiny investments. first LTC, then BTC. NOw sitting on a couple grand worth of BTC and just curious to see if it goes to a 100,000. 20/20 hindsight

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

what is the easiest/most reliable way to get onboard with this alt coin action? I want to pump and dump some doggies but don’t use Robinhood and am not keen to start.
If your idea of alt coins aren't ETH or LTC and/or Coinbase's fees are too high, and Yewstreet says his two are down, maybe Bittrex. It's up for me right now.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Generally I've found kraken/voyager more reliable than coinbase, but I think there is a huge amount of volume spilling over from robinhood/gme. Voyager tweeted they are getting 100 new account sign ups per minute

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

The easiest is Coinbase or BInance US. No expertise needed and you can just purchase outright, without any complicated charts to look at. Kraken also has basic buying options without all the chart fluff.

You want more in depth, with complicated charts, then Coinbase Pro, Binance US, or Kraken. Be aware when you buy through coinbase.com, and similar, you pay higher fees for the ease of use. Also be aware coinbase.com is not same as pro.coinbase.com. Same company, same login, but entirely different products with different fees. Binance US could not be easier and they have a lot of alts.

PM me if you would like a referral link for sign up.

binance-us.jpg

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
you know if the markets had all converted to blockchain/real time contract exhanges, it would have prevented what's happening with the Reddit rebellion issues. I bet that's the big next thing to change wallstreet to come out of the bitcoin phenomena. Everything involving contracts and monetary exchanges will move to blockchained settlements.
It would stabilize the markets from all these trading fluctuations and lockdowns.

Just an early prediction but I see it coming faster than it would naturally. Kind of like how the pandemic accelerated/democratized the work from home crowd, digitalization of business and community and gamification/democratization of trading. Allot of forces at work all from one pandemic.

The coin is just a resource/concept, It'll be replaced by something else.

Reactions: JBerry