Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
While I am pessimistic about it's actual acceptance into mainstream commerce/finance, I do think the US dollar is fcked.

Saw a stat that said 20% of the USD in circulation was CREATED in 2020.

WUT?!

And that number will go up when we push out more stimulus, more UI and more PPP loans.

I feel like all my cash savings is a ticking time bomb.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Saw a stat that said 20% of the USD in circulation was CREATED in 2020.
WUT?!
Remember when the Senators (of both stripes - not a partisan shot) got the members-only briefing and a bunch of them unloaded a shitload of stock and swooped a few that would stand to benefit from Covid?

Right about the time the main thing on our minds was alternatives to toilet paper?

The Fed "created" $4T to give to the banks - who in my opinion were probably over-leveraged when the music stopped, a-effing-gain.

US was already running a $1T deficit before Covid hit as well, figure another fiscal trillion or three on top of the Fed liquidity.

Reactions: Aruka

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I feel like all my cash savings is a ticking time bomb.
If you decide to buy a house, at least you can use it to make those payments and keep a roof over your head during tough times. Those will never go up. Maybe true for rent in certain markets and/or the right landlord.

Otherwise, I'm tempted to park some emergency fund money into an ETF. A year ago it actually collected a decent amount of interest at 2.2%. Now it's down to 0.4% LOL

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Remember when the Senators (of both stripes - not a partisan shot) got the members-only briefing and a bunch of them unloaded a shitload of stock and swooped a few that would stand to benefit from Covid?

Right about the time the main thing on our minds was alternatives to toilet paper?

The Fed "created" $4T to give to the banks - who in my opinion were probably over-leveraged when the music stopped, a-effing-gain.

US was already running a $1T deficit before Covid hit as well, figure another fiscal trillion or three on top of the Fed liquidity.
Seems like a fantastic way to transfer vast quantities of wealth to the uber-wealthy. Sounds like Yellen is on board with continuing the gravy train. Just goes to show that there is bi-partisan support for the truly important things.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Innauguration Day.

China launches Yen tied Crytocurrency, announces it will be moving into said market heavily....

Read as, they already there.

Took the plunge based on advice received from a good childhood friend who will never work again thanks to the Google, Yahoos and Microsofts... Just throw any amount you would be really sore about losing, but not make you miss meals or payments. If it works, you're solid. If it doesn't, move on to the next one.

Bought into Celo on her advice.

Looks like a solid platform.

I know nothing about nothing about crypto.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: racer1 and r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Innauguration Day.

China launches Yen tied Crytocurrency, announces it will be moving into said market heavily....

Read as, they already there.

Took the plunge based on advice received from a good childhood friend who will never work again thanks to the Google, Yahoos and Microsofts... Just throw any amount you would be really sore about losing, but not make you miss meals or payments. If it works, you're solid. If it doesn't, move on to the next one.

Bought into Celo on her advice.

Looks like a solid platform.

I know nothing about nothing about crypto.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
CELO (formerly called CGLD, but recently rebranded as just 'CELO')

Still called CGLD on most exchanges though.

It pumped today while rest of market dumped, thanks to some positive news this morning.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I went with it for this reason

Rather prop up my € than buy into ¥ any day of the week.

And yes, I already doubled my money almost in a day. Excited, except for the knowledge that what goes up, must come down.

Now to unload before, and buy back in after, that is the key to this equation.

:dancing:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
regarding that unjustiified spike on gamestop, blackberry and others
expect an upcoming SEC/congressional investigation and fines coming soon regarding Reddit driven market manipulation.
Classic pump and dump scenerio
also the case is building against section 230 and the republicans are looking for blood post 1/6
like they say words should have consequences when they lead to bad things happening

Plus bitcoin is showing all the classic signs of a soon to explode bubble
this is the same fever we saw with the housing market CDO/Derivatives and the internet bubble earlier
buzz buzz buzz then boom
best time to buy is when no one is talking about something and people are looking the other way
just like the rest people get in late and then pump it higher to get their cut

plus Yellen's definitely not a fan neither is Legarde. probably the two most power financial leaders out there now

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
expect an upcoming SEC/congressional investigation and fines coming soon regarding Reddit driven market manipulation.
But what is SEC going to use as evidence? People saying they are going to buy a stock that is heavily shorted? It's not investment advice, it's not coming from anybody licensed. It's literally retail bros saying lets all buy this stock and get the shorties to buy it back in risk adverse panic. If anything the hedges are guilty of market manipulation by taking huge loans bailouts from Cohen and shorting it further.

Reactions: stringcheese

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
They can't prove anything in this scenario. Lol

Reactions: stringcheese

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If anything the hedges are guilty of market manipulation by taking huge loans bailouts from Cohen and shorting it further.
Sound of rotor aircraft approaching; racer1's door is kicked in. A trio of German Shepherds is unleashed. In a flash, both arms and one fruit basket are in the mouth of the dogs, and the same ram they door'd his crib with goes upside his dome.

His mangled body is loaded onto the black helicopter, and the aircraft appears to go several miles offshore, stop and hover, and then return, minus some cargo.

• Haha
Reactions: r32 and racer1