Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I take a very different view of this space from R32 (not that either is wrong) but I would much rather be trading on a decentralized exchange (dex) or as R32 called it a "swap" than waiting for good projects to arrive on a centralized exchange.

On-chain is where you can not only get coins loooong before they arrive on Coinbase but also get access to all of Defi. (Refer to Chee-to's thread for more of that.) You can also get rugged.

Transacting and doing things on-chain is what we're referring to when we talk about the use case of L1s. They are the 1st layer upon which other tokens and functionality are built.

For example, on the ETH L1, you can trade ETH for other coins (SHIB is an example of a token launched on Ethereum) on a dex like Uniswap or Sushi, stake coins, earn interest, and do a whole host of other things. The trade off is that every interaction with the chain incurs a transaction fee. On ETH that gets very expensive very fast. AVAX, SOL, LUNA, and others are much cheaper to interact with.

I think that anything that someone holds long term on a conviction play it makes 100% sense to be on-chain. R32 is day-trading useless shitcoins IMO (nothing wrong with that) but it's a different approach.

AVAX was added to Coinbase on 9/29 at $61. You could have bought it on 9/1 at $40 if you'd bridged from ETH to AVAX ahead of the Coinbase listing (or less if you used the AVAX bridge earlier in its existence.)

Without being on-chain, you're not getting NFTs until the new Coinbase platform launches. You're not getting some of this cycle's strongest projects like OHM. You're not earning the same interest you can earn on-chain. You're not controlling your own keys.
Interesting. I have an NFT so I guess I'm doing things on chain!

Speaking of NFT....

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I think you might be overestimating the general public's ability to understand all this sh!t. Crypto is way too complicated for 90% of the population to understand. Same with stocks and investments. General public wants the easiest possible route. It's why Coinbase.com is so mega popular. You just pick your coins, type in how many you want, and check out. No charts. No confusing 'swaps' or understanding any terminology.

I want this coin. I buy this coin. I hodl this coin.
GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!! although I have made a couple of lucky/savvy moves in the last month or so. But now I'm basically sitting on my portfolio as is, and just watching SOME of them finally climb back into the green. I REALLY wanted to buy more Fetch when it dropped to 76 cents, but I already own a decent amount, and I really can't just keep putting all my cash in crypto, especially since I'm about to refinance my home- they like to see some liquidity LOL

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Reminder: Still time to get into the Coinbase sweepstakes. They are giving away a lot of money in USDC coins. No purchase necessary. Somebody has to win, why not take a shot?

Sweepstakes

Rules
1637202018933.png

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Is ETH an alt?
There are two classifications of coins.

BTC = The King

ALTS = Any coin that is not BTC

STABLECOINS - a sub category of ALT coins. These are a special class of coins pegged (locked in value) to actual currencies such as USD, EUR, GPB, etc. Complicated algos keep them at roughly the same price to avoid market fluctuations.

Reactions: crustBrother

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
There are primarily two classifications of coins, and then ALTs have a sub category

BTC = The King

ALTS = Any coin that is not BTC

STABLECOINS - a sub category of ALT coins. These are a special class of coins pegged (locked in value) to actual currencies such as USD, EUR, GPB, etc. Complicated algos keep them at roughly the same price to avoid market fluctuations.

:roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

He said “pegged”:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"To be honest, I don't get dogecoin. But this shows the power of decentralization. What I think may or may not matter," he told the Associated Press. "If a large enough number of people in the community values it because it's cute because they like the meme, then it has value." - Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
"To be honest, I don't get dogecoin. But this shows the power of decentralization. What I think may or may not matter," he told the Associated Press. "If a large enough number of people in the community values it because it's cute because they like the meme, then it has value." - Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao

It’s like investing in beanie babies! Only beanie babies are tangible.