Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
How about DEFI? Some sites been parroting about it. They claim it could be similar to AXS.
Do you mean DeFi Kingdoms (JEWEL)? Seems fairly legit, though I'm not invested. Would be stoked to see more volume headed to Harmony eco.

Edit: Also, fk yeah AVAX

Reactions: brukuns

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
CRO pumping on the Staples Center news.
These centralized exchange branded L1s trip me out. Everybody wants to be CZ I guess, but will anyone actually use this when they could use Avalanche, Terra, Solana, or any number of Cosmos chains instead? Seems more like a 2017 ICO-style play more than anything.

I like FTX's approach of just taking over a promising project more.

Reactions: grapedrink

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
These centralized exchange branded L1s trip me out. Everybody wants to be CZ I guess, but will anyone actually use this when they could use Avalanche, Terra, Solana, or any number of Cosmos chains instead? Seems more like a 2017 ICO-style play more than anything.

I like FTX's approach of just taking over a promising project more.
I think you might be overestimating the general public's ability to understand all this sh!t. Crypto is way too complicated for 90% of the population to understand. Same with stocks and investments. General public wants the easiest possible route. It's why Coinbase.com is so mega popular. You just pick your coins, type in how many you want, and check out. No charts. No confusing 'swaps' or understanding any terminology.

I want this coin. I buy this coin. I hodl this coin.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Do you mean DeFi Kingdoms (JEWEL)? Seems fairly legit, though I'm not invested. Would be stoked to see more volume headed to Harmony eco.

Edit: Also, fk yeah AVAX
Probably. Honestly I'm not sure.... just beginning to try and understand what this crypto thing is all about...

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
I think you might be overestimating the general public's ability to understand all this sh!t. Crypto is way too complicated for 90% of the population to understand. Same with stocks and investments. General public wants the easiest possible route. It's why Coinbase.com is so mega popular. You just pick your coins, type in how many you want, and check out. No charts. No confusing 'swaps' or understanding any terminology.

For sure, for day trading that makes sense.

I just think there are other projects that make a lot more sense for slightly longer term holding. Those newbs will be the first ones to bail on a big drawdown.

Would rather find interesting new protocols and get in on those.

Edit: speaking of the 90% who just want a marketing pitch, looks like it might be HBAR's time lol

Reactions: grapedrink

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Oh yes, not versed at all. lol. Still I don't plan on doing anything crazy. I just want to invest on something, probably around 100 dollars, to understand how it all works.
Ok, if you're going to be on-chain stay away from Ethereum, the transaction fees will eat that $100 before you can invest it.

Other L1s are cheaper but with that amount better to stay on centralized exchanges like Binance for example.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009

i think you're right...and while i think i am slightly smarter than your average bear, it's hard to get my head around it all. if you don't me asking, where do you get your info or do your DD on what ever might be coming next? is there a trusted objective source for this rapidly evolving landscape?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Ok, if you're going to be on-chain stay away from Ethereum, the transaction fees will eat that $100 before you can invest it.

Other L1s are cheaper but with that amount better to stay on centralized exchanges like Binance for example.
Yup, already created a Binance account. I will get together with a friend who's very knowledgeable in Crypto later this week before I do anything.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
i think you're right...and while i think i am slightly smarter than your average bear, it's hard to get my head around it all. if you don't me asking, where do you get your info or do your DD on what ever might be coming next? is there a trusted objective source for this rapidly evolving landscape?
I check these pages once a week or so. Just a quick glance. Any coins with the term 'Shib' or 'Doge' in them I immediately ignore. But I rarely buy coins from swaps. I wait until they are on the exchanges. I play with too much money and there is too much risk for me to be play swap-only coins. But I will occasionally throw $100-200 at a swap coin and store it, if I think eventually it will land on a major exchange in the future.

For any coin I hear about, I go to coingecko or coinmarketcap first and I check Circulating Supply and Total Supply. In general, I like coins with less than 1b total supply. 500m or below is even juicier. But that doesn't mean I won't trade a coin with 30b supply if I think I can profit from it.

Then I check the projects website for more information, which is always linked to on the coingecko and coinmarketcap pages. You want to use these links from these pages, as they are trusted sources. A lot of fake scam websites in the crypto world.

I've never once read a whitepaper. Those are boring af and I don't have time for that sh!t.

Order in which my eye moves when I'm looking at a coin for first time.

1. current price
2. supply
3. volume
4. marketcap
5. web link
6a. markets tab (to see where coin available and what pairs)
6b. sort table by SOURCE to get alphabetical

Then I go to reddit to see if they have a community I can follow.

jasmy.jpg

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I check these pages once a week or so. Just a quick glance. Any coins with the term 'Shib' or 'Doge' in them I immediately ignore. But I rarely buy coins from swaps. I wait until they are on the exchanges. I play with too much money and there is too much risk for me to be play swap-only coins. But I will occasionally throw $100-200 at a swap coin and store it, if I think eventually it will land on a major exchange in the future.

For any coin I hear about, I go to coingecko or coinmarketcap first and I check Circulating Supply and Total Supply. In general, I like coins with less than 1b total supply. 500m or below is even juicier. But that doesn't mean I won't trade a coin with 30b supply if I think I can profit from it.

Then I check the projects website for more information, which is always linked to on the coingecko and coinmarketcap pages. You want to use these links from these pages, as they are trusted sources. A lot of fake scam websites in the crypto world.

I've never once read a whitepaper. Those are boring af and I don't have time for that sh!t.

Order in which my eye moves when I'm looking at a coin for first time.

1. current price
2. supply
3. volume
4. marketcap
5. web link
6. markets (to see where it's available; sort table by SOURCE to get alphabetical

Then I go to reddit to see if they have a community I can follow.

View attachment 119378
This is gold right here.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
TBH, probably not the best for anyone not well versed in doing things on chain.
What does "doing things on chain" mean? Is that like managing your own keys with a trezor vs keeping your coin on exchange where the exchange holds they keys?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
GALA just did 140% since last night. Missed this one. :bricks:

Meanwhile, GYEN avoiding big pull back by pumping 10-20% again. All eyes on GYEN for eventual big correction. :computer:

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
What does "doing things on chain" mean? Is that like managing your own keys with a trezor vs keeping your coin on exchange where the exchange holds they keys?
I take a very different view of this space from R32 (not that either is wrong) but I would much rather be trading on a decentralized exchange (dex) or as R32 called it a "swap" than waiting for good projects to arrive on a centralized exchange.

On-chain is where you can not only get coins loooong before they arrive on Coinbase but also get access to all of Defi. (Refer to Chee-to's thread for more of that.) You can also get rugged.

Transacting and doing things on-chain is what we're referring to when we talk about the use case of L1s. They are the 1st layer upon which other tokens and functionality are built.

For example, on the ETH L1, you can trade ETH for other coins (SHIB is an example of a token launched on Ethereum) on a dex like Uniswap or Sushi, stake coins, earn interest, and do a whole host of other things. The trade off is that every interaction with the chain incurs a transaction fee. On ETH that gets very expensive very fast. AVAX, SOL, LUNA, and others are much cheaper to interact with.

I think that anything that someone holds long term on a conviction play it makes 100% sense to be on-chain. R32 is day-trading useless shitcoins IMO (nothing wrong with that) but it's a different approach.

AVAX was added to Coinbase on 9/29 at $61. You could have bought it on 9/1 at $40 if you'd bridged from ETH to AVAX ahead of the Coinbase listing (or less if you used the AVAX bridge earlier in its existence.)

Without being on-chain, you're not getting NFTs until the new Coinbase platform launches. You're not getting some of this cycle's strongest projects like OHM. You're not earning the same interest you can earn on-chain. You're not controlling your own keys.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf and r32