Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Correct.

It's all speculative.

Risky business even with a calculated approach.

My wife's students play with crypto. They're 11 years old. God knows how they got Binance accounts.

She had them doing a collage last week and they were putting up cartoon images of shiba inus. :rolleyes:

Ultimately stock picking doesn't have a great track record either. Admittedly I indulge but on a limited basis. You just have to know what you're getting into in terms of risk and expectations - and the truth is most of us don't - it's really not a great long-term investment strategy.
The best long term strategy are plain old vanilla index funds. But that shits boring, hence why people take risks for bigger rewards.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
True, and that was certainly a mantra of my hedonistic and out of control youth and early adulthood....but, good sleeping habits (usually) lead to a longer and healthier life. I'll take my 7-8 hours thank you very much

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
True, and that was certainly a mantra of my hedonistic and out of control youth and early adulthood....but, good sleeping habits (usually) lead to a longer and healthier life. I'll take my 7-8 hours thank you very much
7-8?

You must not indulge in Siesta Time, mai fren!

:socrazy:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So... a STABLECOIN just did 500% in one day on Coinbase. WTF

GYEN supposed to be pegged to 1 YEN = 0.0087 USD.

Wild west of finance indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
probably because they want to store their wealth in something they can trust instead of that shady ass crypto sh!t

:whistle: :roflmao::foreheadslap::dancing::crazy2:

View attachment 119365
The bottom line is bitcoin mining is coming under increasing scrutiny as it pertains to climate change and this does not bode well for miners pumping out carbon emissions. (general data storage alone is consuming a massive quantity of the planet's electricity - something to consider)

IREN's venture into BC in areas of surplus energy seems somewhat forward thinking in this regard.

Being responsible for 10% of all BTC hashrate is a lofty goal. They own their site, they've got the contracts for expansion into other planned sites in BC. We'll see.

I would suggest those who don't think regulators will take take aim at BTC mining emissions to go ahead and play like Cathy Wood's $500k bitcoin valuation will come to fruition.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
So... a STABLECOIN just did 500% in one day on Coinbase. WTF

GYEN supposed to be pegged to 1 YEN = 0.0087 USD.

Wild west of finance indeed.
I looked at your post yesterday and almost put a few hundred in to watch for the day, but thought, "you're getting too crazy man"

of course

fk you, me!

• Haha
Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Coinbase just issued warning. First time I've ever seen a bright red alert bar.

If you're in GYEN, you might consider getting tfo immediately.

$550m volume traded in last 24h, for a Stablecoin.

XYO.jpg

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Coinbase just issued warning. First time I've ever seen a bright red alert bar.

If you're in GYEN, you might consider getting tfo immediately.

$550m volume traded in last 24h, for a Stablecoin.

View attachment 119372
I was waiting to see something like this happen. Curious to see the outcome, if anything. Lobbed a little into GYEN just under .03. Gonna hodl for now...