Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I was actually thinking of just sending him 10 grand and be like “do whatever you are doing with your own money, do the same with mine, and you can keep 25% of any earnings you make me. And if you lose it all, no hard feelings, you can even still be my moderator“
I was thinking about offering the same service for stablecoin farming in the Defi thread, but one look at the legal regulations behind setting up a custodial financial advisory service turned me off real quick. You guys can still have the info for free, but you gotta do your own staking.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Even the word “staking” frightens me a little, and I actually think I mostly get it, but only in the most rudimentary sense, nothing i would feel confident putting into action

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
r32 do you have any good coin buy this week?

You call JASMY and I make money. Then you say XYO and I make more money. Thank you for help to make extra money!

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Even the word “staking” frightens me a little, and I actually think I mostly get it, but only in the most rudimentary sense, nothing i would feel confident putting into action
If you're buying shitcoins but scared to provide liquidity with stablecoins, that's like riding a dirt bike on the freeway and afraid of driving a Camry instead because dealing with the dealership makes you feel unsafe.

• Haha
Reactions: bird.LA

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I think I’m more apprehensive about actually putting the time and effort into it. I like buying alts and seeing what happens. I’m loading On more fetch to hodl

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
@Chee-to Got any thoughts on the impending rollout of ZK scaling solutions on ETH and the impact it'll have on the alt-L1 trade?

I'm thinking we've got a little more time for growth, but might start my rotation into ZK tokens the moment they launch.

Then again, AVAX, LUNA, and SOL likely stick around in some capacity. Tough to say what the future holds.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I've been so close to jumping on some crypto for the last year or so, but am just so damn paranoid about it. I opened an account on CoinBase, but am wary of connecting it to my everyday credit card or bank account:rolleyes:, so I was going to open a separate account to use exclusively for this. I guess it can't hurt to jump in with just a few hundred $$. I've read every post on both of the current crypto threads here, but still feel a little "Lost". Could be interesting though.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
@Chee-to Got any thoughts on the impending rollout of ZK scaling solutions on ETH and the impact it'll have on the alt-L1 trade?

I'm thinking we've got a little more time for growth, but might start my rotation into ZK tokens the moment they launch.

Then again, AVAX, LUNA, and SOL likely stick around in some capacity. Tough to say what the future holds.
I really don't. ETH has had many "scaling solutions" and ZK ones have been around since the 2017-2018 ICO days. The only thing that seems to hold true is that L1 development and network effects are king, and so holding ETH will probably outdo all L2 scaling solutions long term unless you get in at launch or ATLs.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I really don't. ETH has had many "scaling solutions" and ZK ones have been around since the 2017-2018 ICO days. The only thing that seems to hold true is that L1 development and network effects are king, and so holding ETH will probably outdo all L2 scaling solutions long term unless you get in at launch or ATLs.
Solutions like zkSync are new. Which ones are you referring to from the 2017 cycle?

Definitely a case to be made that the zkSync token and others will end up being nothing but valueless governance tokens, but there is a case to be made that the tokens could actually be necessary to decentralize decision making on the ZK rollups over time.

The big question though is are people just using AVAX and SOL due to their costs compared to ETH? I'd say that the answer is yes right now. Can they grow large enough to fully challenge ETH prior to ETH figuring out L2 scaling? Maybe, maybe not.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I've been so close to jumping on some crypto for the last year or so, but am just so damn paranoid about it. I opened an account on CoinBase, but am wary of connecting it to my everyday credit card or bank account:rolleyes:, so I was going to open a separate account to use exclusively for this. I guess it can't hurt to jump in with just a few hundred $$. I've read every post on both of the current crypto threads here, but still feel a little "Lost". Could be interesting though.
it's so much fun. only invest what you can lose without losing a minute of sleep over it. learn to watch the wild little (or big) dips and pumps, and soon you'll be seeing that sh!t like Keanu seeing the true code of The Matrix in all its horrifyingly inhuman glory

Not really, but, it's still fun. You risk hundreds to make thousands, and will only lose hundreds (if you're responsible, and not a degenerate)...Don't sell anytime a coin goes red. Maybe buy some more when that happens- that's always exciting, and I've taken a lot of profits on little quick moves like that.

Reactions: brukuns

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Been mostly dicking around on Coinbase. Just looked at my initial purchase of crypto on PayPal and it’s almost exactly doubled right now. Just BTC & ETH +103.59%

I wish Coinbase would give you a total gain % like PayPal now does. I hate having to look at all my wallets and mentally add up all the purchases and conversions.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Been mostly dicking around on Coinbase. Just looked at my initial purchase of crypto on PayPal and it’s almost exactly doubled right now. Just BTC & ETH +103.59%

I wish Coinbase would give you a total gain % like PayPal now does. I hate having to look at all my wallets and mentally add up all the purchases and conversions.
Yeah none of the ones I’ve used give you your cost basis. I use the Coincap app to log purchases, it works ok

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

Buddy gave me a tip do add all transactions manually to CoinMarketCap, easier to keep track of this.