What are your realistic expectations of when and how the beaches will re-open?

Eunice

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 2, 2007
A Magical and Wondrous Place
My own sense is that restrictions will be eased rather incrementally and over a long stretch of time, with the beaches and parks being the last in line. Non-essential businesses will be permitted to reopen perhaps in early may, with social distancing guidelines still in effect.

Beaches and parks? July 5th?

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
I think they will mandate the installation of those brakes on shopping carts at grocery stores onto our cars. The brake will turn on if you leave your zip code...

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Just got wet today for 1st time since beach lockdown on March 20th here in N FL....had to paddle my ganoe 30 minutes to a barrier island for 2-3ft fun waves...About 10 heads in the water, spread far apart...felt good to get a salt water rinse and get apart of my soul back....should be a tad bigger tomorrow with better winds...

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Just got wet today for 1st time since beach lockdown on March 20th here in N FL....had to paddle my ganoe 30 minutes to a barrier island for 2-3ft fun waves...About 10 heads in the water, spread far apart...felt good to get a salt water rinse and get apart of my soul back....should be a tad bigger tomorrow with better winds...
Did any law enforcement actively see you and ignore?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
No less than a month after the problem has clearly passed, when one "brave" local government does so, and each to follow only after a neighboring municipality does so first, resulting in a slow 3-4months of randomly closed beaches and parking lots that no one can explain.

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
One governor said the hope was that the beaches might open sometime this summer.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Did any law enforcement actively see you and ignore?
Yes...there was no water patrol telling the boaters they can‘t anchor....about 3 boats and two jet skis....a JSO truck was about 300 yards parked at normal beach entrance...I did expect him to roll down towards me as I walked along the high tide mark and climbed over the rocks to reach my ganoe anchored in the river...but he stayed put...hope for same results tomorrow and it being slower because its a Monday...

Eunice

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 2, 2007
A Magical and Wondrous Place
I think mid-June is a good best case scenario. But then what about 4th of July celebrations? Will things have resolved enough so that people can go back to parties on the beach?

I'm hoping more TESTS are readily available for ANYBODY to take.

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
July 4th at the earliest. cases supposed to increase here significantly in april, may and june, level off in july. Late july would be safer but many won't be able to resist the symbol of american independence and resilience.

Reactions: gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
July 4th at the earliest. cases supposed to increase here significantly in april, may and june, level off in july. Late july would be safer but many won't be able to resist the symbol of american independence and resilience.
This is what I've heard from work. August maybe we can go into the office.