What are your realistic expectations of when and how the beaches will re-open?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That's how they've been treating us all from the start. "It's very, very dangerous. Trust us. Don't worry how we worked out how bad it could be, just do exactly as we say because we have your best interest at heart"
The whole thing results from an overemphasis on empathy both in society and politics

We were already seeing bad policy due to empathy, like with the homeless, mentally ill, and poverty in general, but this COVID response is disastrous

• Dislike
Reactions: FecalFace

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Harding Truck Trail has always been open but just to hiking and biking.

Maple Springs via Silverado Canyon has been open for hiking/biking/ORV for a while, long before Covid. It was cool when I hiked the section where it meets up at Main Divide (I was the only hiker the whole way) because everyone was courteous, looked out for each other, and knew what they were doing but you start opening the floodgates right now to a bunch of kooks, it will be like the softtop takeover of Lowers but with vehicles.
I’m really sorry I didn’t take enough advantage of all the hiking in Orange County while I lived here

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Luckily, there is a lot of good hiking around where you are moving to also. Plus, your kids are getting to the age where they can partake too.
That’s been the biggest impediment

It’s going to be much better now

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That’s been the biggest impediment

It’s going to be much better now
Yep. It gets easier as they get older. Although it was great training/exercise at the time to hike uphill with one in the Bjorn and the other on my shoulders.

The best/worst was the hike from Wapama Falls in Yosemite where my daughter insisted/tantrumed on being trail leader but was moving at about 0.25 miles/hr while my wife and I were just getting hammered by mosquitoes.

When they start mutinying, I tell them to count their steps until they get to 100. Ha, I do that myself with the Fitbit when I am hitting the wall mentally.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I would agree

The news yesterday was treating people like children. "We're opening the beaches but if you don't behave you'll get a timeout or maybe lose your “privilege” altogether
Exactly, it's because you're acting like a spoiled brat with a constant temper tantrum.

That's exactly the role of the government - to slap spoiled brats who are ruining things for everyone else.