What’s Driving California’s Mass Exodus?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think when I retire. I move I might go some where cheap, build a kick ass carver wave ramp and I kick ass home gym.

And good A/C and heating.

With HBO GO, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Apple+, I could live on mars with that stuff.
Would it surprise you to know that you could have all of that right here where I am?

Kick ass carver wave ramp?
63791C5B-E3A0-4CC8-91FA-818656E1868A.jpeg
Couple of days with a D9, pave it up, and there you go. Break a leg!

Reactions: sizzld1

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Really? Do you have a lot of homeless sh!t and dirty needles on your sidewalks?
Yeah Rancho Del Oro is known for that. :roflmao:

Even downtown Oceanside cleaned up.

Unless he hangs out down by the river, he's likely never seen a discarded needle.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Would it surprise you to know that you could have all of that right here where I am?

View attachment 105182
That is exactly what I'm talking about.

How much concrete would this take?

The thing about a nice wave bank is you won't get too crazy so the chances of injury are lower.

I been skating out front on Pacific St every day a couple of quick runs to keep nimble. So I can foil in the spring.

Mean people drive by and scream "You're too old to be skating!" :monkey:

The Mexican kids would probably want to kick me off.

"Vamos, cara de caballo cavacho!"

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
That is exactly what I'm talking about. The thing about a nice wave bank is you won't get too crazy so the chances of injury low.

I been skating out front on Pacific St every day to keep nimble.

I'm sorry that happened to you!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

View attachment 105182
and when you fall an alligator bolts from the lagoon to drag your limp body below the surface waters....

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
and when you fall an alligator bolts from the lagoon to drag your limp body below the surface waters....
Some people have no sense of adventure. :poke:

Aren’t you the guy that wants to go hunting wild hogs with a pack of dogs and a .22 pistol?

• Haha
Reactions: kawika

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Some people have no sense of adventure. :poke:

Aren’t you the guy that wants to go hunting wild hogs with a pack of dogs and a .22 pistol?
If he's not emotionally attached to the dogs, that's debatably a better idea than trying to solo pack big game in wolf/bear country.

Lots of the working-class hunters in Florida are doing a lot of trespassing, so they are doing the hog thing without firearms.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
TBH this is one of the reasons I live here, nobody really gives a fück what you do and if they do, they are more likely to hoot than be assholes. :poop:

Always felt out of place when I skated in the 70s in Europe
Same for my other general interests... it's weird how your environment can take a crap on your enjoyment.

1613503639682.png

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
TBH this is one of the reasons I live here, nobody really gives a fück what you do and if they do, they are more likely to hoot than be assholes. :poop:

Always felt out of place when I skated in the 70s in Europe
Same for my other general interests... it's weird how your environment can take a crap on your enjoyment.

View attachment 105193
Is that you?

People like to yell stuff as they drive by. I think because they are excited to be at the beach. I think it's funny.

When I drive around here and people are parked getting ready to go surf, I want to yell, "Go HOME KOOK!"

Not to be mean but because it's funny.

I never do.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'm 44 and skate often. I'm not the youngest by far and a majority of skaters are stoked that people are skating into their 40's and beyond.

But that's cause skaters rule. Surfers are generally complete douche's.
I want to try it. I was never a good skater, but I'd like to skate transition with the boys. The problem is, the first time I tried dropping in, I didn't commit, leaned back and broke my fibula. I haven't tried it since and that was 20 years ago. Do you get injured often? Where do you get a big boy board - Sea Rat?

Reactions: john4surf

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
no, I want to use a fkn bazooka....please keep up, man!
Then you won’t need the dogs, wouldn’t be sporting.

You don’t want the real thing though. Back behind the house, tie a dog on your belt loop with a two meter lead. Single shot .22. That’s how Julia’s husband taught me to decline nighttime hunting adventures. There’s not nearly as much stuff living back there as there was 25 years ago but as a conservationist I respect their place our little furry, feathered, and scaly friends. As long as they stay outside. Inside? You know my wife. Keep in mind that the hunt started with liberal doses of 96% cane alcohol.

Her sons still do it but without the fortified beverage, I’ll see if I can hook you up. It’s a different world out there at night. Probably no moose but this time of year there’s plenty of possum. It’s a start.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm still scared walking to your beach before sunrise!

I'll keep to bushwhacking over here where we have already genocided the apex animals

• Haha
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I want to try it. I was never a good skater, but I'd like to skate transition with the boys. The problem is, the first time I tried dropping in, I didn't commit, leaned back and broke my fibula. I haven't tried it since and that was 20 years ago. Do you get injured often? Where do you get a big boy board - Sea Rat?
I've given up on progression. Last injury was separated shoulder and it was a bad one. Out of the water for a long time. Just stay within your boundaries and you can stay relatively injury free.

Not sure where you're located but I have a 9 inch searat with 169 indies and 56mm spitfires that I don't use anymore. All barely ridden. I was trying out a different size and it wasn't for me.