Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

BrownFish

Michael Peterson status
Mar 5, 2005
5'4" for sale here, anyone bought a board from this place?

Alright all you ass-hats! I'll bite. You are all mostly right. That was my board. I sprayed it Brown and took a marker and hand drew in the pinline. I never meant it to come out perfect, but I was OK with it. It was initially all green like the rails. Way too bright for me. When walking down the beach, nobody can really tell. The brown color is only hiding the bright green, there are no dings on the board at all. It was Sean Mattisons personal board prior to me borrowing it from him. Borrowing turned into buying, because I didn't want to get rid of it. He really didn't either, as he always felt it worked better than many that followed. I had a lot of fun on that board and it's still got plenty of life left. It's still a great board, I just had too much overlap and needed to fund some other purchases for an upcoming trip. Boardsource is a great place. One of my good friends runs it, not to mention JP kinda does too. You guys should all go check it out. I've bought 3 boards from them so far, and traded in 4. You would probably get more on Craigslist if you are the patient type, but I would rather get a bit less and move on. They have fair prices for both trade-ins and purchases and are very straight forward with what they think they can sell your board for and what they are going to give you. Go Check them out!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think mostly trade-ins. Definitely lower than you could get selling on your own, but you don't have to deal with CL hassles, and you move on. I think they also get some blems from shapers too- Mandala, FW, CC. Nice guys like someone mentioned and JP from SurfySurfy is now involved in some capacity. Definitely worth popping in if you're in that area of NCSD.

dk1973

OTF status
Jun 11, 2011
I think Noel would have a hard time reviewing it unless he spent a quite a few sessions to figure it out...but once you do its the best fastest small wave board there is. Ride mine with DVS quad keels and nub in back-