Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
My son took my first one to Santa Cruz last Winter & Spring, so I wanted to get another one for me down here. Now he's back here and so I have both, but he still rides my first one. He loves it too. It's perfect for 90% of the days we're surfing.

He got some funny looks riding it up at Santa Cruz apparently. People were like what kind of board is that, but he still managed to get into solid waves on it. Haha I'm looking forward to surfing mine up there next Winter.

Reactions: jkb and JDJ

dk1973

OTF status
Jun 11, 2011
saw diamond tail matras on insta. maybe oceanslide has tried one or seen sean on one? i want a smaller mantra now
Yeah saw those on insta.. mine is about 5 years old been thru hell love it....was thinking that the diamond tail would give it a little more hold and pivot in turns...

Reactions: Havoc

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
Any footage of the Flying Manta? I remember seeing some a few years back but can't seem to find any on Google. I had a Vortex and Flying Seed and they were great. Haven't surfed in months and need something fun....

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Any footage of the Flying Manta? I remember seeing some a few years back but can't seem to find any on Google. I had a Vortex and Flying Seed and they were great. Haven't surfed in months and need something fun....
there was a bunch. I recall an epic clip of Sean surfing his manta at a mushy left point in mexico.

Reactions: Havoc