Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

Feb 5, 2010
Insanity > Ghost? Or not a fair comparison? Seem like analogue designs... wp fwd, volume fwd, needs chest+ to come alive, etc.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Insanity > Ghost? Or not a fair comparison? Seem like analogue designs... wp fwd, volume fwd, needs chest+ to come alive, etc.
I think it's a fair comparison. Insanity has lower rocker and more foam up front with the beak nose so it's probably a little more user friendly and can be ridden shorter. Sometimes that forward foam can hinder performance in a way that I never experienced with the Ghost. My Insanity is a bit higher volume than either of the Ghosts I've owned and it's also heavy glassed PU vs. the Ghosts which were XTR and lighter glassed but I think overall the Ghost is a bit more HP tuned design.

I am a fan of both designs but I think the Ghost is basically a modern classic at this point for a reason.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
What's the discount on customs? I'm assuming it's $50 off. I've been contemplating a Stamps Kaisen Twin or an Album Bullet Twin in carbon. My Varial Flare is getting the majority of water time. While I love my Twinsman, it needs pretty good waves to come alive that my local doesn't serve up that often. I worry I'd be in the same boat with the Bullet Twin.

Reactions: j_mac

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
So the Twinsman brings us back to where we started with the MTF

A "alt" board that needs HPSB waves to work

Awesome
As if there aren't plenty of great options for crappy waves :shrug:

No shade to the MTF but they are very different boards despite both being winged swallow tails. MTF is narrower in the tail, especially the tail block. Twinsman has a flat deck, more rearward twin placement. Oh and it's an actual twin, not a twin+trailer.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
So the Twinsman brings us back to where we started with the MTF

A "alt" board that needs HPSB waves to work

Awesome
While I can see why you’d say that based on looks… just think of it as a HPSB “alternative” / replacement and you’re good. IMHO it’s fun from waist-head high. YMMV
If you want an album twin with better low end than that, try a Plasmic

Last edited:
Reactions: sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What's the discount on customs? I'm assuming it's $50 off. I've been contemplating a Stamps Kaisen Twin or an Album Bullet Twin in carbon. My Varial Flare is getting the majority of water time. While I love my Twinsman, it needs pretty good waves to come alive that my local doesn't serve up that often. I worry I'd be in the same boat with the Bullet Twin.
YOLO one of those stoke Plasmic EASTs. I’d imagine similar range to Flare and would love a comparison. The 5’9 been caaaalllin me and I been so strong to resist its siren song for weeks… so far. LOL. Hope one of you snags it first so I don’t.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
As if there aren't plenty of great options for crappy waves :shrug:

No shade to the MTF but they are very different boards despite both being winged swallow tails. MTF is narrower in the tail, especially the tail block. Twinsman has a flat deck, more rearward twin placement. Oh and it's an actual twin, not a twin+trailer.
You know ur arguing with Greg griffins troll right?