ukraine war 2024

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
What about this idea. We're having trouble making weapons as fast as the Russians, but we ARE good at printing money. What if we used some of the money we printed to buy back the weapons we left with the Taliban?
Why? We left them there for a reason. And most are in Pakistan now.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
if Mike Johnson is gonna step up like this and actually lead/govern/legislate/etc, i'm gonna have to rework my whole act. the GOP of the last 10 years or so has been comedy gold - the material practically writes itself. if they're gonna get serious now and actually conduct themselves like adults with jobs, probably gonna have to keep a closer eye on them - they might actually end up accomplishing something.

but it's really nice to see Ukraine get continued support while simultaneously sticking it to the space laser/sex offender wing of the GOP caucus :waving:

Reactions: Hump and mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
if Mike Johnson is gonna step up like this and actually lead/govern/legislate/etc, i'm gonna have to rework my whole act. the GOP of the last 10 years or so has been comedy gold - the material practically writes itself. if they're gonna get serious now and actually conduct themselves like adults with jobs, probably gonna have to keep a closer eye on them - they might actually end up accomplishing something.

but it's really nice to see Ukraine get continued support while simultaneously sticking it to the space laser/sex offender wing of the GOP caucus :waving:
So doing what you agree with is acting like an adult?

Stealing money from citizens and giving it to a foreign country is “leading?”

You would think you boomers would have learned your lesson after living through Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc, but I guess the Cold War programming of your childhoods is just too strong

Even after losing 58,000 of your generation for zero reason because of the same stupid boogeyman and Domino Theory won’t break you of a comic book understanding of international relations

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
But Putin hates wokeness.
Is this an act at this point where you still think anti-interventionism is pro-Russian?

Every single Russian could die tomorrow and I would more bothered if I couldn’t find my coffee cup

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
So doing what you agree with is acting like an adult?

Stealing money from citizens and giving it to a foreign country is “leading?”

You would think you boomers would have learned your lesson after living through Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc, but I guess the Cold War programming of your childhoods is just too strong

Even after losing 58,000 of your generation for zero reason because of the same stupid boogeyman and Domino Theory won’t break you of a comic book understanding of international relations
Yep, it's still the right thing to do. But that's not what's really important here: I think what we have here is an important new addition to your spank bank collection :roflmao:
fmbls6rh6tvc1.png
Come on, admit it: you think she's hot. You'd probably want her to leave the hat on
".... No no, don't take it off, leave it on.." maybe you could talk her into slipping into a sexy babushka, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: Hump

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yep, it's still the right thing to do. But that's not what's really important here: I think what we have here is an important new addition to your spank bank collection :roflmao:
View attachment 178541
Come on, admit it: you think she's hot. You'd probably want her to leave the hat on
".... No no, don't take it off, leave it on.." maybe you could talk her into slipping into a sexy babushka, huh?
Tell me why it’s the right thing to do. In your own words

Try and not a random aside with nothing to do with the conversation

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Tell me why it’s the right thing to do. In your own words

Try and not a random aside with nothing to do with the conversation
Lol, I already have. Multiple times, in fact. You can use the search function and look back, you'll find my thoughts on this subject, if you are really interested. But you're not and we both know it.
But I can see why you're asking - you're troubled, deep down, because you know that supporting Putin and standing shoulder to shoulder with your country's greatest enemy just can't be the right thing to do....can it?

Of course not. :shameonyou:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Lol, I already have. Multiple times, in fact. You can use the search function and look back, you'll find my thoughts on this subject, if you are really interested. But you're not and we both know it.
But I can see why you're asking - you're troubled, deep down, because you know that supporting Putin and standing shoulder to shoulder with your country's greatest enemy just can't be the right thing to do....can it?

Of course not. :shameonyou:
Oh I am interested and I already know your thoughts

You have some personal connections to Ukraine, so you want to use other people's money and waste other people's lives on some Hollywood view of international relations

The fact that you can't get it through your head that the choice is not binary, that not supporting Ukraine does not equal supporting Putin, shows how deep into fantasy land you are

Added bonus for the 1950s "country's greatest enemy" nonsense as well

The right thing to do is worry and spend on our own country. Period. Especially when that country is stealing roughly 50% of our wealth at any given time

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Oh I am interested and I already know your thoughts

You have some personal connections to Ukraine, so you want to use other people's money and waste other people's lives on some Hollywood view of international relations

The fact that you can't get it through your head that the choice is not binary, that not supporting Ukraine does not equal supporting Putin, shows how deep into fantasy land you are

Added bonus for the 1950s "country's greatest enemy" nonsense as well

The right thing to do is worry and spend on our own country. Period. Especially when that country is stealing roughly 50% of our wealth at any given time
Not supporting Russia while spouting Russian talking points is still nice for Putin.

You get that he appreciates it, right?

If you would ever like to go visit . . .

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Not supporting Russia while spouting Russian talking points is still nice for Putin.

You get that he appreciates it, right?

If you would ever like to go visit . . .
Feel free to take some money personally to Ukraine.

Still nice for them, right?