ukraine war 2024

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Huh?

IDGAF what the West does, I want to decouple my North American country from regional Eastern European conflicts
No matter how much wish for it the world is not going back to 1850 due to the international capitalist system you love so much. Like a spoiled child you want everything your way no matter how unrealistic.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
No matter how much wish for it the world is not going back to 1850 due to the international capitalist system you love so much. Like a spoiled child you want everything your way no matter how unrealistic.
Yup, Europe is mad at us for taking over while they let alliances cause them to destroy their empires and their continent in two wars, so they're going to bleed us dry until the US is where it was in 1850

And you'll support it the whole time while it destroys our country

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Yup, Europe is mad at us for taking over while they let alliances cause them to destroy their empires and their continent in two wars, so they're going to bleed us dry until the US is where it was in 1850

And you'll support it the whole time while it destroys our country
Europe is not our enemy. Collectively they are our trading partner and geopolitical ally against Russian expansionism and authoritarianism. Most Europeans actually like America and Americans, contrary to popular belief.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Europe is not our enemy. Collectively they are our trading partner and geopolitical ally against Russian expansionism and authoritarianism. Most Europeans actually like America and Americans, contrary to popular belief.
Everyone is a rival, no one is a true friend

please grow up

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
heya Andrew,
a looong time ago, circa '84,
i wuz a pretty good surfer, can you find me here, with sunscreen alll over my face?:
1984 US Surf Team~1.jpg
does what you write of, up above, does that mean, that you can not, then, be my 'friend'?
hmmm...
:waving:

by thee way,

f**k Russia,
+their buddy~boy Donnie Trump too...
Slava Ukraini!
:jamon:

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Don't worry, we probably have all of those companies involved (and don't forget the rebuild) in our retirement funds.

One thing you'll never find is a true anarchist with a 401k plan. They always get in the way of a true revolution.
Are we “giving“ money to Ukraine? Or are we really giving money to Americans- US weapons manufacturers, US workers and, like you say, US 401ks?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
So I think the concept is Russia is not our friend. If Russia is spending itself into a hole, weakening it's military and Putin's own standing as CEO, that's a good thing? We kind of did the same thing when Russia went into Afghanistan. Weapons and support to the warlords/tribes and let Russia knock themselves out on a military/financial drain of a war. The danger is pushing Russia so far that it destabilizes. Maybe we get somebody worse than Putin. Who get's desperate enough to push a few buttons.

Really, in my stupid surfer understanding of this, it does kind of irritate me that we are having to contribute so much to this military action. This is in Europe's backyard. Seems like they should be the tip of the spear/writing the checks.

• Love

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Are you a Reaganite?
Never thought I'd see the Left become Reaganites but here we are. I can't tell if the DC Boomers are planning on forming the Coalition of the Willing Ukraine Edition and attacking Russia like Gen. Betrayus was saying last year and Macron talked about a few weeks ago. This led to more talk of nukes after Baidan said we didn't have to worry about it. The Boomers seem like they're getting old and want to pull civilization down with them.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Never thought I'd see the Left become Reaganites but here we are. I can't tell if the DC Boomers are planning on forming the Coalition of the Willing Ukraine Edition and attacking Russia like Gen. Betrayus was saying last year and Macron talked about a few weeks ago. This led to more talk of nukes after Baidan said we didn't have to worry about it. The Boomers seem like they're getting old and want to pull civilization down with them.

It's insane. First they went full neocon ideology and now are spouting off trickle down economics

However, when you really look back to the early Progressive movement (eg, Wilson), it all tracks.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
So I think the concept is Russia is not our friend. If Russia is spending itself into a hole, weakening it's military and Putin's own standing as CEO, that's a good thing? We kind of did the same thing when Russia went into Afghanistan. Weapons and support to the warlords/tribes and let Russia knock themselves out on a military/financial drain of a war. The danger is pushing Russia so far that it destabilizes. Maybe we get somebody worse than Putin. Who get's desperate enough to push a few buttons.

Really, in my stupid surfer understanding of this, it does kind of irritate me that we are having to contribute so much to this military action. This is in Europe's backyard. Seems like they should be the tip of the spear/writing the checks.
Well put on the parallel between Ukraine and Afghanistan. Let someone else do the dirty work and bleed Russia dry. I think between the two of us, we really depleted the Afghan fighting force so we needed somewhere else to play. You'd think the French and Germans would be all over sending their Algerian and Turkish population to Ukraine to play.

Absolutely agree on the cost. It seems that markup is also an issue, the Pentagon apparently charging a higher rate per hammer: https://www.eurasiantimes.com/new-ukraine-war-a-25k-atgm-now-sells-for-400k-us-defense/

I wonder how many of those Russian nukes are operational. Game of chicken there but if their missile silos and contents are maintained anything like the rest of their military, they are looking at a Wile E. Coyote level of successful launches. And Murmansk glows in the dark within 4 minutes if Russia even gets mildly twitchy - Putin knows this.