Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I crack up when Russia makes threats.

We are going to blow up the world if you try to stop us from taking over the world.

Sometimes you just got to say fuck it.

Why does anyone even listen to Russia at this point?

I crack up at how the right wingers fall for the Russian con.

Suckers

If Putin can hold the world hostage with the threat of nukes the world should just surrender to him now.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I crack up when Russia makes threats.

We are going to blow up the world if you try to stop us from taking over the world.

Sometimes you just got to say fuck it.

Why does anyone even listen to Russia at this point?

I crack up at how the right wingers fall for the Russian con.

Suckers

If Putin can hold the world hostage with the threat of nukes the world should just surrender to him now.
OK GWB

Teenage boy fantasy

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I wonder how many of those Russian nukes are operational. Game of chicken there but if their missile silos and contents are maintained anything like the rest of their military, they are looking at a Wile E. Coyote level of successful launches. And Murmansk glows in the dark within 4 minutes if Russia even gets mildly twitchy - Putin knows this.
I think tritium has a half-life of 12-14 years; primarily used to boost yields in fission bombs, especially neutron bombs. I would think a boosted nuke bomb becomes a regular nuke bomb once the tritium decays.

Maintenance is paramount if plans are based on projected yields, but I guess back-up plans are always around, and besides, what's a few megatons between friends?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
OK GWB

Teenage boy fantasy
I crack up when COVID 19 - which had an average age of death of 83 in the US - was a reason to shut down the planet but nuclear war is NBD. I guess if you have no offspring and are just biding time until Hell, it's NBD.

• Love

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think tritium has a half-life of 12-14 years; primarily used to boost yields in fission bombs, especially neutron bombs. I would think a boosted nuke bomb becomes a regular nuke bomb once the tritium decays.
How many casualties will there be in a 1000 warhead exchange?
Maintenance is paramount if plans are based on projected yields, but I guess back-up plans are always around, and besides, what's a few megatons between friends?
I'm curious what drives the belief that Russia's nukes are out-of-shape but ours are in working order.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Mother effing Jones but yeah, I'd like to think our incompetence is somewhat less. MOABs just took over favor.

Not the worst thing in the world if everyone's nuclear stockpile decayed to uselessness.

Defense contractors want to spend the money they're making - a one and done doesn't really help that cause.

Reactions: Mr Doof

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Based on what I've seen of our industrial output compared to Russia's in shell production, I'm betting our nukes don't work and theirs do. They also have the HGV MIRVs which can evade all of our BMD radars, per the NORAD commander's report to congress in 2021. All the guys who knew how to make nukes are in their 80s or dead, the guys that knew how to test them are in their 70s, and I thought we stopped live testing a long time ago.
The directors of the US nuclear-weapon laboratories and the Commander in Chief of the US Strategic Command rigorously review the safety and reliability of each nuclear weapon type and certify each year that the US stockpile is safe and reliable through a program of science-based stockpile stewardship. This entails a combination of non-nuclear laboratory experiments, advanced computer simulations and forensic monitoring of the health of existing weapons.
I'd bet these inspections are about as good as 737-MAX inspections at this point - piles of paper thrown over the wall with little live data.

1710355670000.png

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Mother effing Jones but yeah, I'd like to think our incompetence is somewhat less. MOABs just took over favor.

Not the worst thing in the world if everyone's nuclear stockpile decayed to uselessness.

Defense contractors want to spend the money they're making - a one and done doesn't really help that cause.
I've seen the same article in various sources of various political persuasions but I decided to go to a source that was opposite my preferred viewpoint just to make a point

I agree with everything else you're saying

Reactions: mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I crack up when COVID 19 - which had an average age of death of 83 in the US - was a reason to shut down the planet but nuclear war is NBD. I guess if you have no offspring and are just biding time until Hell, it's NBD.
Straw man alert?

Or maybe just another shitty comparison attempt?

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
go Ukraine!

Slava Ukraini!
:jamon:

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It's insane. First they went full neocon ideology and now are spouting off trickle down economics

However, when you really look back to the early Progressive movement (eg, Wilson), it all tracks.
I never said I liked Reagan, I was just pointing out how "foreign" aid helps Americans. What is insane is how Republicans pivoted 180 degrees from policies they have espoused since the 60's, all on the heels of a narcissistic grifter.