Tyre Nichols

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Which is why you won't see any of the BLM types offer any kind of rebuttal or dataset of their own, they simply resort to calling you racist
glad you had no prob with the dataset !! )

not call you racist !! ) next person I call racist will be the first !! )

of course you are already smart enough to know this !! :) )

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
I spent a career in the "ghetto" working with Blacks, Hispanics and mostly Filipino - in nearly equal proportions. A disproportionate amount of the blacks made it clear that they were taught from an early age that cops were all bad and authority in general was out to "get them". They also explained to me many times over that stealing was accepted, and that it was the fault of the victim for being careless. If you studied and followed directions you were often targeted for being a "school boy"

Reactions: sirfun

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
False.

Lower class black neighborhoods are targets for drug busts because so much drug dealing takes place in the open on the street.

Obviously this makes everything a lot easier.
When i was a kid we used to get weed in the projects. But we’d go to the wealthy towns that surround us for blow and the harder stuff. This country has a drug problem. Drugs are everywhere from the ghetto to Park Ave penthouses. The “war on drugs” has proven to be counterproductive and disproportionately targets certain communities and marginalized groups only making things worse for them while other communities and groups are free to play unless individuals commit the most egregious of offenses.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
When i was a kid we used to get weed in the projects. But we’d go to the wealthy towns that surround us for blow and the harder stuff. This country has a drug problem. Drugs are everywhere from the ghetto to Park Ave penthouses. The “war on drugs” has proven to be counterproductive and disproportionately targets certain communities and marginalized groups only makes things worse for them while other communities and groups are free to play unless the commit the most egregious of offenses.
You think that's tough? We had to go to either Laguna Canyon or Encinitas. One stop shopping.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
If we can't discuss raw numbers and basic facts, then we don't have a starting point for having any kind of discussion about how to fix an issue.

One thing that does stand out is that there are more police encounters with black males, yet a higher percentage of encounters with white males end in a shooting death. Which would support the idea that there are more unneeded police stops for blacks than whites, and that a higher percentage of whites are stopped for doing something illegal.
I don’t disagree.

what point are you trying to make with these facts?

can I see the data point for traffic stops that end in a death that is non justified vs justified?
broken down by race.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

can I see the data point for traffic stops that end in a death that is non justified vs justified?
broken down by race.
I for one can't wait to see these facts.

He's trying to make a point that black people commit most crimes..
The only "fact" he goes by is the skin color.

Never wants to talk about poverty, lack of opportunity and generations of systemic discrimination.

Grapesdad is the king of spurious correlations.

1675024097405.png

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
I spent a career in the "ghetto" working with Blacks, Hispanics and mostly Filipino - in nearly equal proportions. A disproportionate amount of the blacks made it clear that they were taught from an early age that cops were all bad and authority in general was out to "get them". They also explained to me many times over that stealing was accepted, and that it was the fault of the victim for being careless. If you studied and followed directions you were often targeted for being a "school boy"
that's what i'm talkin' 'bout !! )

does a fish know he's wet ?? )

The priests, in control of education, made the class division of society into a permanent institution and created a system of values by which the people were thenceforth, to a large extent unconsciously, guided in their social behavior.

I :love: theological discussions !! )

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
that's what i'm talkin' 'bout !! )

does a fish know he's wet ?? )

The priests, in control of education, made the class division of society into a permanent institution and created a system of values by which the people were thenceforth, to a large extent unconsciously, guided in their social behavior.

I :love: theological discussions !! )
Ok then one more

We bent over backwards to have interpreters, put things in Spanish only hire Spanish speakers have ESL classes etc. to have generations of Mexicans that still could barely speak English.
We had large immigrations in the 90's from Laos, and later from Somalia and the lib teacher enablers were freaking out that no one spoke Lao or Farsi etc.
Within one school year those kids out performed our resident hispanics - especially the Lao

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
were taught from an early age that cops were all bad and authority in general was out to "get them". They also explained to me many times over that stealing was accepted, and that it was the fault of the victim for being careless. If you studied and followed directions you were often targeted for being a "school boy"
all cops are bad
A C A B

religion !! )

I would strongly recommend the "school boy" route especially at a traffic stop !! )

The murderers were true believers !! )

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He's trying to make a point that black people commit most crimes..
You are such a fookin disgusting liar. Nowhere did I say anything about blacks committing more crimes in this thread. I actually made a point that speaks favorably in the sense that blacks are likely pulled over more often for not committing a crime, and that whites who do end up dead were more likely pulled over for a reason.

Go back and re-read what I wrote, idiot. Reading is fundamental. The main point I am making is that the media paints an exaggerated picture of the issue.

Never wants to talk about poverty, lack of opportunity and generations of systemic discrimination.
I've made plenty of posts covering this before, you just conveniently ignore them when I do and use this as a BS gotcha against me the next time that I don't. i have no obligation to frontload and soft pedal every post on the subject with a dozen disclaimers, especially when the context doesn't call for it and I can make my point without it.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Ok then one more

We bent over backwards to have interpreters, put things in Spanish only hire Spanish speakers have ESL classes etc. to have generations of Mexicans that still could barely speak English.
We had large immigrations in the 90's from Laos, and later from Somalia and the lib teacher enablers were freaking out that no one spoke Lao or Farsi etc.
Within one school year those kids out performed our resident hispanics - especially the Lao
laotian women are divine

Reactions: Autoprax

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That the media narrative is garbage, and that people have a false notion about the actual scope and severity of the issue. With cell phone cameras and a media and social landscape that feeds on this, we see every single incident along these lines and this gives the perception that they are a daily ocurence and a problem that is only getting worse. In reality, these incidents are incredibly rare and become less common every year. That's what the numbers show above.

For example, there was a recent survey that asked people if young black men were more likely to be killed in a car accident or via police shooting. Guess which political leaning thought that police killed more black people than car crashes :unsure: :roflmao:

can I see the data point for traffic stops that end in a death that is non justified vs justified? broken down by race.
This database used to be free, now it's behind a paywall https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

The only metric we have is armed vs unarmed because you will get varying opinions of justified vs not. Some of those unarmed were perps that were fighting back. What this database does show is that there are a similar number of unarmed white males, some years slightly more, that are killed by police. Yet the media refuses to touch those stories. Beyond that, IIRC the total number of unarmed who are killed by police for all races combined is ~40-50/year. Again, something we should not accept as a society, but hardly the widespread social ill that it is made out to be when measured against total police encounters.

Facts >>>>>> Feelings and Narratives