Tyre Nichols

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Facts >>>>>> Feelings and Narratives
there is a lot more contradictions to your equation/narrative that just this !! :) )

For example, there was a recent survey that asked people if young black men were more likely to be killed in a car accident or via police shooting. Guess which political leaning thought that police killed more black people than car crashes :unsure:

Reactions: santacruzin

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
r u guys still arguing about whether black people are bad or not?

what is this thread about?

Imagine this was surfing (if any of you surf) - justified or not
You're new here?

The subject is so important that @hal9000 started another thread on the exact same subject three days after this thread was started.

So far it's not about Pitbulls but it's still early days.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Dude this is 2023. Numbers are real only if they support your predefined political viewpoint, otherwise they're fake.
Of course. And if you do post numbers that are unfavorable to the narrative, you also have to frontload it with a paragraph of disclaimers about all of the historical and socioeconomic injustices that led to them. If you don’t then your Klan hood is in the mail.

Also, funny how silent these threads get when hard numbers and facts are introduced. Not expecting a well thought out factual rebuttal from anyone at this point. Any day now!

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
1675089088723.png

The American Civil Liberties Union reported that in 2014, Florida-resident black drivers received nearly 22 percent of all seat belt citations even though they made up only 13.5 percent of that state's drivers. Seat belt compliance was 91.5 percent for white drivers versus 85.8 percent for black drivers, a difference too small to explain the different rate of ticketing between black and white drivers[clarification needed]. The ACLU analysis showed that black drivers would have had over 14,000 fewer seat belt citations if they were ticketed proportionally to total drivers in Florida. The rate that black drivers are ticketed more often than white drivers is four times more in Escambia County, three times more in Palm Beach County and 2.8 times more in Orange County. In Tampa, black drivers received 575 seat belt citations versus 549 for white drivers even though black people make up only 23 percent of Tampa's population

Also, funny how silent these threads get when hard numbers and facts are introduced. Not expecting a well thought out factual rebuttal from anyone at this point. Any day now!
this !! :) )

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
That the media narrative is garbage, and that people have a false notion about the actual scope and severity of the issue. With cell phone cameras and a media and social landscape that feeds on this, we see every single incident along these lines and this gives the perception that they are a daily ocurence and a problem that is only getting worse. In reality, these incidents are incredibly rare and become less common every year. That's what the numbers show above.

For example, there was a recent survey that asked people if young black men were more likely to be killed in a car accident or via police shooting. Guess which political leaning thought that police killed more black people than car crashes :unsure: :roflmao:

This database used to be free, now it's behind a paywall https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

The only metric we have is armed vs unarmed because you will get varying opinions of justified vs not. Some of those unarmed were perps that were fighting back. What this database does show is that there are a similar number of unarmed white males, some years slightly more, that are killed by police. Yet the media refuses to touch those stories. Beyond that, IIRC the total number of unarmed who are killed by police for all races combined is ~40-50/year. Again, something we should not accept as a society, but hardly the widespread social ill that it is made out to be when measured against total police encounters.

Facts >>>>>> Feelings and Narratives
Ok some good points.

of course the media is going to create a narrative.
I can’t recall one media example of a white person getting beat and killed in a traffic stop .
i am sure it’s happened but I can’t recall. I guess that supports the point you are making.

For me this isn’t about which race gets pulled over the most , or if it happens to white people more.
it’s about a police force once again murdering an innocent man.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Of course. And if you do post numbers that are unfavorable to the narrative, you also have to frontload it with a paragraph of disclaimers about all of the historical and socioeconomic injustices that led to them. If you don’t then your Klan hood is in the mail.

guess you are calling me out? I was busy living life, apologies for not replying quick enough.
I fucked up and watched the video and I was pretty pissed off yesterday.

You all have fun arguing, I am going fishing today.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not immediately and he got alot more defense from the usual suspects.
There was a lot more grey area than this case.

Anyhow, back on topic.

5 police officers beat a 145 lb black guy to death in an incident that likely started out as police harassment and spiraled into a killing. An incident that appears to be far more clear than George Floyd and Rodney king.

Where are the protests and the riots?

What makes this incident less worthy of mass public anger and the destruction of cities?

Reactions: schex

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
There was a lot more grey area than this case.

Anyhow, back on topic.

5 police officers beat a 145 lb black guy to death in an incident that likely started out as police harassment and spiraled into a killing. An incident that appears to be far more clear than George Floyd and Rodney king.

Where are the protests and the riots?
Asked and answered. The answer you want to hear is an attack on black peoples characters.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Asked and answered.
No, it wasn't answered.

You claimed it was because the cops were immediately arrested and charged.

That's false - they weren't immediately arrested and charged.

Derek Chauvin and others were quickly arrested and charged. Still, there were massive nationwide protests, cities still burned, businesses destroyed.

In the case of Tyre Nichols it took 13 days to fire the officers and 19 days to arrest and charge the officers.

The answer you want to hear is an attack on black peoples characters.
What answer do I want to hear?

The reason you provided isn't valid (see above facts i listed).

So why aren't we seeing the same public outrage?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
No, it wasn't answered.

You claimed it was because the cops were immediately arrested and charged.

That's false - they weren't immediately arrested and charged.

Derek Chauvin and others were quickly arrested and charged. Still, there were massive nationwide protests, cities still burned, businesses destroyed.

In the case of Tyre Nichols it took 13 days to fire the officers and 19 days to arrest and charge the officers.

What answer do I want to hear?

The reason you provided isn't valid (see above facts i listed).

So why aren't we seeing the same public outrage?
Then answer your own question. You do not have the mental firepower to get the answer you want from leading questions.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink