Traction placement ruling needed

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Tearing all the pad off = time, frustration and new has higher chance coming off no matter how well clean. More roll of dice to me but it can be done. If $10 is your main concern then horseshoes might be a cheaper option than surfing.
lol… wut?

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I ordered a prolite wide and dakine wide last night.

Just rode the swordfish for the first time. No pad. It was leftover storm slop so not ideal board testing conditions but I did get a few fun ones and ended it on my best wave, a left, so stock levels are high. Board felt pretty good overall.

Upon close forensic investigation of hind foot wax prints it is apparent that removal of the ill placed traction pad was indeed justified. There were tell tale waffle prints quite close to the ass crack, behind where the previous tail kick was.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Just rode the swordfish for the first time. No pad. It was leftover storm slop so not ideal board testing conditions but I did get a few fun ones and ended it on my best wave, a left, so stock levels are high. Board felt pretty good overall.
Nice! It’s definitely a fun boar. I might order another one one of these days if I can ever get off the twinnies.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Just removed the fish pad off of my 2nd hand JT Coffin. I've only ridden it a couple times because it hasn't been small around here much but the last session I had on it I found my foot being on top of the wedge kick a couple times. I don't like the weak ass wedge kick pads. Give me a true kick or no pad at all.

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
That pic is with the pad already installed... I think ill be fine. I didnt want to chop the pad up that much. The kick is well behind the trailer fin, and ill be running it as a pure twin so I dont think my foot will need to go further back.

Reactions: Aruka