Traction placement ruling needed

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
anyone into swallow tails has had that problem of a complete frickin moron in teh shop setting the plug there. ive butchered many a decent stomp pad .....oh well if it means lossing most/all of the kick on one side. dont' care if setting it furrther out/down isnt great idea....its just in the foam anyways...not liek its actually wedged against the stringer. for the love of whoever someone please slap that dude in teh glasshop. i loved that one stab video where dane rips off his pad

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Nay, further back. If you’re married to that pad just lop some of the back of the kicker off and slide it back.

I really like the Freestone or Mick “Eugene” pads on wide tail boards. They’re wider than a normal pad.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Swordfish? Yes, but different pad.

RNF? No.
Swordfish, yes. Good eye. Used yolo from Real. Not a fan of the pad with its high arch and I think its a little far up.

Fin placement appears to be fairly normalish thruster.

I have a mick fanning lite pad that will probably work but im tempted to go no pad for extra low performance shedding.
20230203_165739.jpg

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I thot you were on team Real Watersports.

i trued to go med performance swallow twin no pad and was always afraid I’d step off the back.

if the rocker is “back footed“ you may feel similar. pad too far forward and i find my foot creeping on top of the ramp.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Agree looks too far fwd

Not tried this cause I’m #teamArch but this fish pad with a bumper could be good. Looks a bit odd tho

This Sympl one has the leash plug cutouts too. Still flat tho. Boo.

Last edited:

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Swordfish, yes. Good eye. Used yolo from Real. Not a fan of the pad with its high arch and I think its a little far up.

Fin placement appears to be fairly normalish thruster.
Ive had two Swordfishies in the past and really enjoyed them both. Similar to the CI RW if you’ve ever ridden one of those. Rode mine with MR twin + trailer 99% of the time, but also went pretty good with standard thrusters when the waves got better.

Reactions: Aruka