Traction placement ruling needed

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I reckon it was. The board looks like it's had a couple sessions on it.

I got the pad off. It wasnt actually that tough once i figured out the proper heatgun technique.

Looking at this replacment pad and Im not sure if its the one. It would definitely work with some leash plug modification but visually it does not bring me joy.

I think might save this pad for my Bomdia which is en route and figure something else out for the swordfish.
View attachment 147562
Looking at that pic I think I would just go with a pad that stays more straight on the kicktail lower edge so the leash hole isn't completely buried or need hacking.

1675611207791.png

Reactions: oeste858 and Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
When varial had their sale. December, it was.
:dancing:
Looking at that pic I think I would just go with a pad that stays more straight on the kicktail lower edge so the leash hole isn't completely buried or need hacking.

View attachment 147593
I have a huge peeve with pulled in tail pads on wide tail boards.

pad shape should roughly follow the tail shape.

sh!t!

Now I need to start laser leveling my tail pads.
I find it a mindfug to pad without a centerline or stringer.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The trick is to not cut into the arch. You have to cut into the backside of the pad or on the side of the pad. I lay out the pad and outline where I want to cut on the back of the pad with a sharpie. Always cut the hole "BEFORE" sticking it onto the board.

Also, those blades don't cut into the pad very well and they're a pain in the ass. I almost sliced a finger off when I was trying to do some pad work. You want a serrated kitchen knife. Those work the best for cutting into the tail kick of the pad. :shaka: @Aruka

• Love
Reactions: jkb