Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

TStamps

OTF status
Aug 30, 2008
NDG80 said:
I was under the impression I could order over the phone.

Hi all,
This is Cristina, just want to let you that we are taking orders again. We prefer if an appointment is made, so you can email Tim at stampssurfboards@gmail.com or call the shop at (714) 903-4582. Orders can be made via phone, email, or at the shop. Cheers!

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
donger said:
NDG80 said:
donger said:
he's taking orders again, heard Christina making calls to people on the waiting list...yew!
got my appointment to make an order on Monday. Stocked!
you better make sure you get down there...he said he's got a crazy list of people waiting to order
The Todd has brought some serious attention to Mr. Stamps, apparently. Deservedly so.
Hope to try another sometime!

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005

It's nice to hear that Tim has so much business. A lot of pros are riding his boards (even clandestinely) for a reason. There's something nostalgic about talking with your shaper and bouncing ideas around. Some people relish this relationship and would never replace it with a fw. The Todd is one. :bowdown:

20 years ago, I got a handshape from one of the hottest shapers in SD at the time (super rare that he would shape a non-team rider's board). I rode this board and ran into a shaper whose boards I rode exclusively from 15-20 yrs old. The hurt he showed when he saw my board made me feel like I broke up with a girl.

But keep in mind, Shapers designs are personal and people have different preferences. What works for the todd might not work for others. I hated the handshaped board I got in the story. my brother and my friend loved his boards.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
It's funny, I talk about other shapers all the time when I'm in ordering and picking up boards and I guess I never thought about how they might feel about them or me even talking about them.

I used to be extremely loyal to one guy that would make most of my boards. Now that he doesn't shape any more, I've been venturing out and checking out new shapers. To me though, it's still fun to go to the many other talented shapers out there for my alt shapes.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Tim deserves the accolades he's getting: A great local craftsman whose reputation is built on providing a quality product at a more than fair price.

NDG

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 28, 2013
LA
J_D_J said:
Tim deserves the accolades he's getting: A great local craftsman whose reputation is built on providing a quality product at a more than fair price.
having just made my first order - i was pleasantly surprised with the price total. Whole process was super mellow and the whole team is a pleasure to deal with.

absoludicrous

OTF status
Nov 2, 2010
north oc
Just put an order down for a Flare. I thought there was a mistake when I saw the total. I think I will be paying the same as my 1st Stamps board from 4 years ago. The turnaround time has increased though, but it's expected since he's a superstar around here now lol. But it's still as fast, if not faster than the big names. I'm glad to have a local shaper around like Tim.

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
ludicrous said:
Just put an order down for a Flare. I thought there was a mistake when I saw the total. I think I will be paying the same as my 1st Stamps board from 4 years ago. The turnaround time has increased though, but it's expected since he's a superstar around here now lol. But it's still as fast, if not faster than the big names. I'm glad to have a local shaper around like Tim.
Don't forget to buy at LEAST a 12 pack of his favorite cold ones!!!! :cheers:
Do not sponge on a 6er!!! :mad:

absoludicrous

OTF status
Nov 2, 2010
north oc
slash said:
ludicrous said:
Don't forget to buy at LEAST a 12 pack of his favorite cold ones!!!! :cheers:
Do not sponge on a 6er!!! :mad:
For sure. I make sure I drop off beer anytime I do a pick up.

donger said:
what are his favorite cold ones?
Last time I asked him that, he said he wasn't very picky. He'll drink whatever. Not sure if that has changed though.

sr04

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 21, 2014
Southern California

Picked up yesterday!! This thing is flawless. Right on time as promised and more than a fair price for a custom.

Grinder X
6'0/20/2.5
32 L

NDG

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 28, 2013
LA
scotter said:

Picked up yesterday!! This thing is flawless. Right on time as promised and more than a fair price for a custom.

Grinder X
6'0/20/2.5
32 L
Nice! pretty close to what i ordered.