Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
I love all my customs from Tim and the used ones are excellent too!

Thank you Mr. Stamps

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I can't tell if GG is being serious or sarcastic here, or a bit of both.

Anyway, one underlooked aspect of Tim's business is his glassing. His guys do top notch PE glassing and sanding work.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Shaper of the year to me should be about Shaping .

Good glassing is a big plus and all glass shops should be doing this good .

Possibly keep the focus on what Tim has and is Shaping . :shrug:

Its all up to you guys here tho .

Keep it going .

Blacks

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 8, 2009
East Coast, Great White North
J_D_J said:
I can't tell if GG is being serious or sarcastic here, or a bit of both.

Anyway, one underlooked aspect of Tim's business is his glassing. His guys do top notch PE glassing and sanding work.
I agree- my board is EPS/epoxy and it is top notch as well. His shapes and shaping skills are fantastic. As a consumer I am also very impressed how well his boards are glassed. This points to attention to detail and ensuring that people getting his shapes get the best board possible. This is no minor detail and I feel people should know that he runs a tight ship top to bottom.

Jan 31, 2011
NS/Newport/NS
pyzel is a lottery winner- certainly not a candidate for shaper of the year. he lucked into shaping for jon jon. everyone other "tour surfer" you're referring to rides firewires, and have to ride the companies new "shapers" equipment. haven't you wondered why NOBODY else on tour is riding what arguably the most phenomenal surfer on tour is riding?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
retodd said:
I love all my customs from Tim and the used ones are excellent too!

Thank you Mr. Stamps

my hpsb customs so far .

great attention to detail , communication about the tweaks and their effects were perfect , + outstanding craftsmanship on the construction ( team light 4 s deck + 4 warp bottom ) could not be happier

and they all passed my counter-top test :cheers:

GG wants to focus on the shaping ( top notch ) but part of the stamps experience is also the glassing , fin install , and sanding . they are all excellent .

cause we all know that a rad shaped blank is not surf-able unless you are ryan burtch

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
As I posted above :smile2:

"Possibly keep the focus on what Tim has and is Shaping . shrug

Its all up to you guys here tho .

Keep it going ."

It is up to you guys .

There a few glass shops here that will not glass my boards because I look at them - aka - too picky .

Tim obivously cares too . :smile2: Which is a big plus .

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
i know it matters to you and your boards/fins

was just confused on why it should not be mentioned with Stamps . most of his Pu/Pe is done in his factory where Tim is able to oversee all steps with his own 2 eyes and hands .

when not done in his shop the watermans guild does them

and pure glass does his epoxy ( the guy who does them there used to work for Stretch )

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Greg Griffin said:
Keep the pics and stories coming , this eerb can make this happen . :computer:
Who decides who shaper of the year is and do they watch what we're up to?

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
His customer service is remarkable.

He shaped me a six-channel, single fin and this was during a crazy heat spell and the glass job was not done to his standards. Without me even knowing, he shaped another six channel, single fin blank and sent it out to Watermans Guild for the rest.

Above and beyond. And btw, Watermans work is just retarded good. Never seen anything so good.

Tim is solid

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
My quiver is always changing (my sickness)

This was a good one from a couple years ago