Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

sublime74

Miki Dora status
Jan 13, 2010
Finally, got my 1st Stamps (Grinder X), i got 3 things to say about the board and 3 only..

it paddles good
it turns on a dime
Super FAST

What more can I ask for? :shrug: never knew I could surf this good :grin:
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

What other models you guys are stoked on? Want to custom order a couple from him now...

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
5-10 FX round tail, 6-2 shadow, 6-3 scarecrow

FX is the best stub groveler I've ridden. Super fun with whatever fins I throw in there. Probably best as a quad but last session I rode it as a twin fin with the little trailer and it went off. So fun.

Shadow has seen the most use. A welcome addition to the quiver. Great for making the most out of whatever I end up surfing. Really like the board on my backhand for whatever reason. Had a few sessions at the same spot where I was making some turns that were way better than usual. Didn't like the quad setups I've tried but it's plenty fast a thruster. Rusty Blackstix w/ F4 center is the combo.

Haven't ridden the scarecrow much but I've had two really good sessions on it in quality waves. Probably could have gone an inch longer or a little thicker. Still figuring out fins. AM2's were too much, JJF's were better but maybe not quite enough.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
That WTF model looks like it would a load of fun with some big AMT fronts and controller rears in it. It would be good if he added the volume to the specs of his boards on his site.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Ginder X, bump squash, is my favorite HPSB for average So Cal conditions. A great, great board. What stands out to me is the rocker, which is perfect for the conditions I encounter most often in So Cal. I've been running mine with AM1 blackstix, and I've felt no need to experiment.

absoludicrous

OTF status
Nov 2, 2010
north oc
Er I meant to say Flare but it didn't look quite right to me. I had Grinder stuck in my head from the post above.

I guess that explains it. Thanks retodd! I had a Stump Grinder before and it was a fun board but a little undervolumed for me. Trying to think about what board to go with next.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
todd's got a Stamps 5-9 diamond tail twinzer with some snazzy bottom contours.

talkin' bout some super pure, uncut, black market kool-aid.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Dug around in my pron stash and found a couple pics. Hope you don't mind todd!

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009

i dont know what the Tech term is but its a soft peak vee with some concave inside the vee pannels .... deep around the fin area and flattens off the tail