Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

absoludicrous

OTF status
Nov 2, 2010
north oc
Picked up my Flare (and dropped off some beer!) last week and had a blast in the high tide small waves over the weekend. I wasn't expecting it to be finished within the estimated time since Tim was traveling around the world in Australia and Japan but I got a call last week saying it was ready.

I would write a review but I searched the erbb and it seems like most people's experiences are pretty similar. Thanks to laidback and saltyNuts for pushing me towards the Flare with their own experiences. Definitely a great choice for an all around daily driver board for so cal. This was my first Stamps board done at PureGlass and it seems to be pretty good. Already smacked my rail against my truck and no damaged at all. The S glass held up great. Surprisingly this board is really light. It's the smallest board (volume) I got from Tim, but it seems a lot lighter than the others. As always, Tim was a pleasure to work with. Thanks Tim!

NDG

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 28, 2013
LA
man, I am patiently waiting for a grinder X ordered in early February

been about 7 weeks now, hopefully in the next couple of weeks she will be mine.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Still very stoked on my Grinder X squash. Best HPSB DD that I've tried. It's gotten me back into surfing thrusters.

NDG

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 28, 2013
LA
ludicrous said:
Not to get your hopes up but I was told 8 weeks. Got mine in 7.
i was told 8 as well and figured it'd be at least 9 or 10 so were basically on track.

NDG

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 28, 2013
LA
J_D_J said:
Still very stoked on my Grinder X squash. Best HPSB DD that I've tried. It's gotten me back into surfing thrusters.
have you surfed a ...lost Subdriver before ? any similarities, major differences?

Im so hyped to get my hands (and feet) on this thing.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
[/quote] have you surfed a ...lost Subdriver before ? any similarities, major differences? [/quote]

I have not, sorry. I'm looking forward to some pics of the new stick once it comes through.

NDG

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 28, 2013
LA
have you surfed a ...lost Subdriver before ? any similarities, major differences? [/quote]

I have not, sorry. I'm looking forward to some pics of the new stick once it comes through. [/quote]

for sure, just got the call - unfortunately cant make it down there until Saturday but will post some pics.

Jul 31, 2012
HB
Tim always kills it. I bought a custom scarecrow from tim awhile ago, and I think its time to get a new DD hpsb, I may go with a grinder-x this time. Has anyone ridden both a scarecrow and grinder-x?

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Flipside said:
Tim always kills it. I bought a custom scarecrow from tim awhile ago, and I think its time to get a new DD hpsb, I may go with a grinder-x this time. Has anyone ridden both a scarecrow and grinder-x?
i would day that the grinder x is a perfect DD for most of the shortboard spots in the OC . it works in just about anything from thigh high to 1 foot OH ...

scarecrow ( for me ) like at least rib high and up and worked up to well OH .

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
nexttozen said:
i'm looking at the shadow. low rocker winged swallow for my kook abilities.
Flare looks like a money low end board too: like a grinder x with reduced rocker and wider nose.

absoludicrous

OTF status
Nov 2, 2010
north oc
J_D_J said:
nexttozen said:
i'm looking at the shadow. low rocker winged swallow for my kook abilities.
Flare looks like a money low end board too: like a grinder x with reduced rocker and wider nose.
Loving my Flare. I want to try a new Grinder X in new dims because I didn't really click with my last one. I feel like I could ride the Flare in about 90% of the days in So Cal. Haven't had any size since I got it, but I think it could have some good range. I'm pleasantly surprised with how low it can go.

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
retodd twinzer, special thanks to retodd for letting me try his, and for answering all my noob design questions... 5'7 x 20.5 x 2.5, 32 litres, eps

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
That looks awesome. Good call going with the center plugs in case you want to run the board as a twin/trailer.