Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Banana Fish is my favorite board at the moment. It is the quantum quad with some tweaks and Flare rocker. It’s a one board quiver.

Mine is 5’8, 20 3/4, 2 9/16 at 33L. The foil is more like a Flare and not like a TKF (which is way more foiled).

I also asked for the swallow to be less deep, mine is a 2 inch curved swallow tail.
those dims sound great. @oeste858 how do they sound to you?

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Banana Fish is my favorite board at the moment. It is the quantum quad with some tweaks and Flare rocker. It’s a one board quiver.

Mine is 5’8, 20 3/4, 2 9/16 at 33L. The foil is more like a Flare and not like a TKF (which is way more foiled).

I also asked for the swallow to be less deep, mine is a 2 inch curved swallow tail.
Do you have another Stumps fish (banjo/tkf)? Curious how close you went in dims. I am definitely interested in the b-fish concept.

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Do you have a Stumps fish? Curious how close you went in dims. I am definitely interested in the b-fish concept.
Yes. I have a TKF. It’s 5’7, 20 3/4, 2 1/2. Tim suggested that I go two inches longer on the BF but I went one. I kept the width the same at his recommendation and I added some foam on the rails due to Mother Nature.

Reactions: MathDebater

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Rode the gigglebox today for the first time in a long time. Waves were absolute dog sh1t but at least there was some size. Board felt great. Waves were doing the stand up, back off, stand up thing. Board was carrying speed from section to section and letting me fit in turns whenever the wave got steep. Such a reliable craft, especially going backside. Ran the Shapers Twuster fins which felt good for the board and conditions.

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
Rode the gigglebox today for the first time in a long time. Waves were absolute dog sh1t but at least there was some size. Board felt great. Waves were doing the stand up, back off, stand up thing. Board was carrying speed from section to section and letting me fit in turns whenever the wave got steep. Such a reliable craft, especially going backside. Ran the Shapers Twuster fins which felt good for the board and conditions.
Good to hear that! I just asked Tim to shape me a 5'10" x 19 3/8. As you mentioned, a reliable option for those days when you need to take things a little easier.
A 5'11" x 19 1/8 Warhawk is finished... for the other days when I still lie to myself.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Well what do ya know. Set her up last night and the conditions called for it today. So far so good. Redirects really well into critical spots you're looking at. Predictable and easy to ride. Had a couple of washy moments on the mayhem tri's but it could have been the semi wonky conditions. Gonna try the JJF's next.

Oh and the rails. Not sure if I've mentioned but they are amazing.

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Reactions: silentbutdeadly