this. is. BMX.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Grew up wishing I could afford an Redline RL Osborne

Going to have to take my Redline Proline 24” Cruiser on the boardwalk. :) With the S&M “Elevens” bar, it is the perfect Tweeker Cruiser for checking the Waves’N babes.

I bought it in 97’ with my first paycheck from my first outside sales job selling First Data’s POS setups. I was in El Cajon cold calling shops and saw this Bike Shop. Rolled in, saw the Redline Proline Cruiser, told him to put it on hold for one week...I’m Making My Numbers!

I even lock it up in my garage at night.

I use old wetsuits to make “donuts” for the grip ends. And of course the coolest trick I learned when I was a kid that mom’s hairspray was the best for getting grips on and making them stick.

My shins are still full of divits from jumping bikes.

1603212491435.jpeg

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Going to have to take my Redline Proline 24” Cruiser on the boardwalk. :) With the S&M “Elevens” bar, it is the perfect Tweeker Cruiser for checking the Waves’N babes.

I bought it in 97’ with my first paycheck from my first outside sales job selling First Data’s POS setups. I was in El Cajon cold calling shops and saw this Bike Shop. Rolled in, saw the Redline Proline Cruiser, told him to put it on hold for one week...I’m Making My Numbers!

I even lock it up in my garage at night.

I use old wetsuits to make “donuts” for the grip ends. And of course the coolest trick I learned when I was a kid that mom’s hairspray was the best for getting grips on and making them stick.

My shins are still full of divits from jumping bikes.

View attachment 99549
That is a sweet ride. :jamon:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Rad thread!! I used to ride at calabazas park back in the day.
Cecil Johns was the RULER there.
Absolute beast of a human being with a heart of gold RIP.

Fun times digging, riding and getting wrecked.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas

RIP Cecil. Hugo and Oscar Gonzales were the other dudes I remember reading about that rode calabazas park. Maybe Cam Birdwell, too. Epic scene up that way.

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Growing up there was an abandoned gravel pit about half a mile from our house. It had about a 25 foot vertical drop in from the top into the pit. Through the years we made several tracks for our BMX bikes and then we all graduated to motorcross. Good times for sure.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
RIP Cecil. Hugo and Oscar Gonzales were the other dudes I remember reading about that rode calabazas park. Maybe Cam Birdwell, too. Epic scene up that way.
Holy sh!t Cam is best friends with my buddy Damien who rode their a lot as well. I dont know him well but he was around a ton.

Rad thread I will try and find some old pics.

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
This too is BMX. Brother took a hard slam Thursday when he cased a jump. Broke some ribs, collapsed a lung and got another concussion. Thankfully was wearing his helmet for it cracked his helmet. The dude's a beast and a personal hero, but taking slams like this at the age of 50 may just slow him down a little.
http://instagr.am/p/CGvZGBiHvRM/
Tough break Leigh. But, what a tough guy. Stoked he didn't get too jacked

Jul 21, 2015
I remember riding my bike straight from Hyde Junior High School to Calabazas. this was back in the late 90s. I wouldn't do much of anything out there but watch in awe. NUT. 6 Pack. Man. Guys went huge.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Nut!! Chaka , caveman , endo , small doubles, big doubles, camel .
Getting fucking wrecked and going to taco bravo for a giant water.

sh!t man that brings back memories.

Reactions: fargy483
Jul 21, 2015
ENDO! I would session that one all day! I rode to taco bell got one bean cheese burrito with a cup for 'water' and then used it for soda.

Nut!! Chaka , caveman , endo , small doubles, big doubles, camel .
Getting fucking wrecked and going to taco bravo for a giant water.

sh!t man that brings back memories.

theramrod

Nep status
Nov 14, 2014
N Cackalaki

I really like this edit but I'm pretty biased. It's shot around Raleigh, NC, a place I've spent a lot of time at and it's cool seeing it being ridden so good. I've also gotten to know the filmmaker of this and he's a pretty rad cat as well. Give it a watch, think you'll enjoy.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Man those raleigh trails look sick. BMXers and MTB'ers have been building some nice features at the local trails here in Charleston of late. My dude. My locals. It's been awesome to see him progress and get so into it, especially because my knee is too trashed right now to skate, but I can bike all day long.

1642348740097.png
1642348761621.jpeg

Reactions: theramrod