this. is. BMX.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Still like skatin' street better kinda sup or foil of street skaters but must admit at one of my local parks (Solvang) saw bmx pro dude from Manly Aussie land (no idea name) doing crazy 360 airz over vert waterfall. The guy did like 7 or 8 perfect for photog and comes 9 and takes hardest hit I have seen at park. Roughly twenty minutes later gets back on bike and pulls off 3 more.

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
No brakes.

I was a BMX guy in the 80s. The sh!t he's doing was incomprehensible then.. . still kinda is now
Me too. Remember when the tabletop was like the holy grail of BMX jump tricks?

The full cross-up was nice too.

I’m still into old school BMX and have a few 24” cruisers. I like the old school vibe much better than current BMX culture, though to each his own.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Get rad!All day everyday for a couple years Dirt and greedy fingerprints everywhere. Not a white sock in my drawer. Back when Vans really were cool.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I was a dirty kid. Had some pretty mean skills for a 10 year old in 1980. BMX filled in between my skateboarding from the 70's period to my skateboarding from the 80's and I discovered Boogyboards and skimboards. Good times then I had the 7' Gerry Lopez singlefin. Sold my Race Incorporated for 15 joints and never looked back.

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
I was a dirty kid. Had some pretty mean skills for a 10 year old in 1980. BMX filled in between my skateboarding from the 70's period to my skateboarding from the 80's and I discovered Boogyboards and skimboards. Good times then I had the 7' Gerry Lopez singlefin. Sold my Race Incorporated for 15 joints and never looked back.
Race Inc wow that’s a name I’ve not seen in a long time.

My brother had a Hutch and I had a Patterson. His fell apart years ago while mine is still intact and I take it out every once in a long while.

Bmxmuseum.com is a great site to visit for some good old BMX nostalgia.

Aug 15, 2005
Hey. His moves are good. Innovation, phenomenal. Style, mimics mine. I was pulling these off on my Schwinn Stingray in nineteen eighty-three, believe it or not. As a young 4a rider in the BMX Scene, after surfing 31' OBSF on my self shaped 3'7" with 6 inch TwinFins, I would ride through GoldanGatePark to StanyanStreet in 6 minutes and 34.549 seconds, hang at the bike shop, build a bike, ride it, and then sell it. By nineteen nintety-seven I had done it all, so I became a city tour bus driver.

LeeDD4.png

LeeDD3.png
LeeDD1.png

LeeDD.png

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Me too. Remember when the tabletop was like the holy grail of BMX jump tricks?

The full cross-up was nice too.

I’m still into old school BMX and have a few 24” cruisers. I like the old school vibe much better than current BMX culture, though to each his own.
Me too. I have a 24 inch GT with TuffWheels.

Reactions: Uberkuque

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
BMX.

Back in the 70's. Schwinn Scrambler with an ashtabula crank.

RedLine DG/So Cal... I was there. Had an XR 75 about then, Then got my 1978 Suzuki RM 125...

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
This is BMX. A shot I took of a very very young Matt Hoffman in the late 80s.

View attachment 99424
This was the absolute state of the art when I was riding -- eight feet out, one (sometimes two) limbs extended. Today, the bike would be spinning, no hands, no feet, three body English variations before landing a grind on the coping of the ramp behind him.